Installed Cargo Tray and Fridge/Freezer

scottyb

I installed a 12V power port on the wall between the basement and generator. I only needed about 18" of wire from the 12V buss bar to the port. I added a 15A fuse between them and the fridge has one built in to the power plug. Installing the Mor/Ryde sliding cargo tray was the easiest part. You simply position it where you want it, slide the tray ahead of you, and use tech screws through the pre-drilled holes as you go. Since it slide both ways, go to the other side and repeat. I had to skew the tray a few degrees because the basement doors are not aligned across from each other. I was able to fit everything back into the basement that I was carrying before, minus some folding chairs, only it's a lot more organized and accessible. I consider this a fair trade-off, while gaining the fridge/freezer.

The ARB 80 Qt fridge/freezer seems to be the ticket. It fit perfectly in the tray with just enough clearance to meet the spec(50mm, 2"). I plugged it into the port, added some frozen items from the house freezer, and set it on 0F. 3 hours later the inside temperature showed to be -1F. Ambient temperature was high 80's. The handles are recommended to be used for tie-downs. However, it does not want to budge on the carpeted floor of the sliding tray.

Now I am trying to decide how to manage the power cord for the ARB while using the sliding tray. I was thinking about the general idea of a curtain rod with the cord attached to rings. I may be overthinking it a little and maybe it is not necessary. I will use it on our upcoming trip to UT/AZ and determine if it needs anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 276

Boostable

That's very nice!! I need to install one of those trays in a big way. Time and time again after getting the gen-turi install on the generator in never fails and I need something from that side of the storage area and it is blocked. This would solve that problem for me, thanks for posting.

scottyb

That's very nice!! I need to install one of those trays in a big way. Time and time again after getting the gen-turi install on the generator in never fails and I need something from that side of the storage area and it is blocked. This would solve that problem for me, thanks for posting.

I was able to squeeze a 36 x 90 in my basement. The ends hang over the recessed area so I slid mine more to the DS, leaving the recess wide open on the ODS. That's where I store the 50A power cord. You can see what I am talking about in the 1st and 3rd picture.

Jimnkarens

Scottyb, I would like to know some details on the tray installation. What did you use to mount the tray assembly on that raised it up to clear the cargo bay bottom lip and still be sturdy enough to carry the weight? What size and length tek screws did you use? I assume that you did not use a toggle bolt or lag screw.
thanks.

scottyb

Scottyb, I would like to know some details on the tray installation. What did you use to mount the tray assembly on that raised it up to clear the cargo bay bottom lip and still be sturdy enough to carry the weight? What size and length tek screws did you use? I assume that you did not use a toggle bolt or lag screw.
thanks.

Jim, sorry, I didn't see this until after I replied to your other post. On our Cyclone, the basement floor is higher than the basement door opening, so the tray is sitting on the basement floor. I used 1' tech screws of which several were screwed through the aluminum angle edging on the basement floor. The tray will extend 60% one direction or the other. If weight is distributed properly on the tray, the screws provide very little counter balance, and serve to prevent horizontal shifting more than anything. The only down side is when I am parked on a slope where the fridge is on the down slope side, access to it is pretty high and Kris and I both need a step stool.