Fan Shuts Off for a few seconds

on our 2014 Siverado, the main A/C fan will shut off for a few seconds, and then start again. I can hear the compressor still running when this happens. Never had this happen on our other TT

Lou_and_Bette

A/C operation

Hey everyone, have a question about the A/C in our new BH 3570RS. We have dual airs (sorry don't know model #'s) with independent controls...I know it's not the Whisper air since I can see both A/C unit grills but they are both ducted. The unit in the living area comes on with the fan on high (thermostat set to auto) runs for a period of time and then seems to pause. I can hear something running during the pause and then the unit comes back on with the fan at a lower speed. Is this transition period normal? Seems rather dramatic for a change in fan speed.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: A/C operation

If I have mine set on auto it will run on high if it needs to cool down a great deal. As it gets closer to the desired temp, it will switch to low to just to maintain it. If the ambient room temp falls below the thermostat setting by a few degrees, it will shut off completely. Trace

jimtoo

Hey guys,,, I put these threads together since they are the same problem.

Looks like normal operation of the A/C.

f250dieseldad

Ours does that also. It seems to do it when the coach is just about at the thermostat set temp. Seems like it cant decide what fan speed it wants.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ours does the same. Mainly the front AC. Glad to hear it is not just us.

Lou_and_Bette

Thanks Jim, apparently inquiring minds were working at the very same time. Thanks for the other responses, didn't want to not get it checked out if it was a problem but, didn't want to be a dumb bunny if it was normal and took it in to be "repaired."

pegmikef

Yeah, ours does it too. I usually just bump the temp down or up a couple of degrees to stabilize it.

JanAndBill

Ours has done that on occasion from day one. Called the mfg and was told that it had to do with the outside temperature differential. Setting the temperature higher or lower usually stops it.

SeattleLion

on our 2014 Siverado, the main A/C fan will shut off for a few seconds, and then start again. I can hear the compressor still running when this happens. Never had this happen on our other TT

We had the same problem with our Bighorn. It's in now for warranty work. The AC is being replaced. So, if your AC warranty is still in force, you can probably get a new one.