EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 12/5/2014 to 12/9/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
You know, your interpretation of "good boy" and Santa's is a WHOLE lot different.

Not to worry about Temperanceville. I've already made my reservations (if you remember correctly, we had to wait until Dec. 1st). In fact, according to the lady there at Tall Pines, I am the first one to register. Sooooooo, you'd better get your registration in if you want to join me!!:D:cool::cool:

Rudolph says Hi and he was worried about missing you this Christmas, but I assured him we had to stop at your house for Dorothy. Now there's the :angel: in that family!

I'm speechless. Now I will have to work double hard and get back on Santa's "good" list.

At least Rudolph was concerned about missing me, it sure helps to know reindeer in high places.:rolleyes:

VKTalley

Sure wish I could join you. Unfortunately my North Pole duties will not allow Mrs. Claus to be there. Enjoy and just know we are with you in spirit!

Mr. Santa, we will definitely miss seeing you and Mrs. Claus! The Traveling Talleys are on their way there with expected arrival Thursday, early afternoon! Eric and Dorothy, do we have an official time for dinner tomorrow nigth?

Flying Dutchman

Mr. Santa, we will definitely miss seeing you and Mrs. Claus! The Traveling Talleys are on their way there with expected arrival Thursday, early afternoon! Eric and Dorothy, do we have an official time for dinner tomorrow nigth?

Hi Valerie, hope your trip to American Heritage RV Park is uneventful. We should also arrive early afternoon, guessing between 1 and 2pm. Nothing firm on dinner time other than somewhere around 5 - 6:00pm. We will see who has checked in and wants to go out to dinner.

VKTalley

Hi Valerie, hope your trip to American Heritage RV Park is uneventful. We should also arrive early afternoon, guessing between 1 and 2pm. Nothing firm on dinner time other than somewhere around 5 - 6:00pm. We will see who has checked in and wants to go out to dinner.

Sounds good! So far the trip has been great...Thanksgiving with my airman son and a visit with Becky and her family of Crowded Camper fame.

FiremanBill

Today is going by way too slow! Going to hook up to the Clone about 3pm and head up that way, should arrive no later than 4:30.

Flying Dutchman

Glad the Vikings made it! Welcome neighbor, you must have been in stealth mode as I slept right through your arrival. If you are up to it, we'll head over to the Barnett's just before 9:00am, I will give you directions. It is a very short ride.

Flying Dutchman

Had a nice dinner starting the Williamsburg rally. Weather is typical Virginia late fall, a little rain, cooler temps, hopefully some sun, but a warm and festive group. 053.jpg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Another great evening of food and camaraderie with our Heartland friends. Great pizza from the Vikings grill. Thanks Erik and Rebecca!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Dutchman

IMG_0047.jpgIMG_0048.jpgIMG_0053.jpgIMG_0059.jpg

Had a fantastic start to day #2 with a breakfast hosted by Judi and Jack in their beautiful home. Then topped off with another meal in the evening with pizza's made by our own Viking, Erik, using charcoal and a huge cast iron dutch oven. Shown above is Erik supervising his beautiful and talented daughter, Sarah, putting together another unique and tasty pizza. We are having a great time making memories with our Heartland family. More on the rally schedule for tomorrow. Forecast is for some rain but the fun will continue regardless.

FiremanBill

We made a trip down to Duck Donuts and picked up some goodies for breakfast.

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 26

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
View attachment 33419View attachment 33420View attachment 33421View attachment 33422

Had a fantastic start to day #2 with a breakfast hosted by Judi and Jack in their beautiful home. Then topped off with another meal in the evening with pizza's made by our own Viking, Erik, using charcoal and a huge cast iron dutch oven. Shown above is Erik supervising his beautiful and talented daughter, Sarah, putting together another unique and tasty pizza. We are having a great time making memories with our Heartland family. More on the rally schedule for tomorrow. Forecast is for some rain but the fun will continue regardless.

Terrific breakfast and pizza and side salads were fantastic. Who knew you could put Brussels sprouts on pizza? I loved it! And the jalapeño sausage had the perfect, just warm enough, kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FiremanBill

Are those doughnuts with bacon sprinkles?

Yeah Jim, maple frosting with bacon sprinkles on them. Pretty dang good!

We had to taste test a few of them before we ordered them last night, and then of course I had to re test them this morning to make sure they were ok to take to the breakfast.

Check out the bakery and the next door neighbor. God Bless America!

Attachments

• 1205141838[1].jpg
    1205141838[1].jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.