EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 12/5/2014 to 12/9/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Great rally Eric and Dorothy! We may have been small in numbers, but the potlucks were delicious, food plentiful, and the comraderie was excellent. Nice meeting new attendees, Fox's, Talleys, and Millers, and nice seeing Van Opstals, Scheiberts, Lathams, Sorrells, Pikes, and Barnetts again. (Hope I didn't leave anyone out!) Needed to get home so we pulled out around 3:00 and were home by 5:30 this afternoon. Sadly, will winterize tomorrow morning.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
IMG_0064.jpgIMG_0065.jpgIMG_0066.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0075.jpg

How fast time flies when you are having fun! The rally is over, and all that is left now is the memories. We had a ball; good location, good food, all shared with fantastic company. Dorothy and I ended the day with a few brave Heartlanders celebrating in Colonial Williamsburg the Grand Illumination. It was crowded and it was bone chilling cold, but oh, ... so worth it. Two hours of entertainment ending with a rousing eye popping fireworks display.

To all that attended, thank you for a wonderful rally. To those whom have already departed, glad to hear your safe arrival home. And to those leaving in the next day or so, have a safe and uneventful trip. Hope to see you all at our next rally in Temperanceville next May.

VKTalley

Thank you, Eric and Dorothy, for a great rally and a warm Virginia chapter welcome. Sorry that I couldn't handle to cold air tonight to see the fireworks but I had an awesome time with everyone! Here's my one picture from tonight right as the stars were starting to come out.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 26

FiremanBill

We had a blast once again. Sure wish we could have stayed another night but that work thing just keeps getting in the way. Getting up at 0500 to head to the station this morning sure was hard.

Look forward to doing again soon with all of you, unfortunately next May is out due to our daughters college graduation but we look forward to another time.

JJnVA

Thanks for coordinating a fun rally, Eric & Dorothy! Glad Jack and I were able to participate even tho we didn't have our BH at the campground. It was great having everyone in our Williamsburg home to enjoy a meal and social time together on Friday! You know where to find us next time you are in the Burg....if we are not roaming the countryside in our BH home!!

Wishes to everyone for a warm, safe and beautiful holiday season. C y'all down the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.