Gateway 3500RE slideout floor not level with main floor

brlr2000

We bought the 2014 Gateway 3500RE fifth wheel, and seem to be having a problem with the off-door slideout. The slideout floor is nearly 2 inches above the main floor when all slides are extended. I don't know if this is normal or not. The reason it's a problem for me is because the Reclining sofa front feet are not touching the main floor. The sofa sectionals tend to rock forward when sitting in them. I noticed that the chaise recliner section has a roller which stabilizes it fine. If the floor is meant to be raised up, then it seems that the other 2 sections should also have rollers as well. Any ideas?

jimtoo

Did it work correctly when you first got the unit? Are the sides of the slide trim touching the wall at the bottom or down the sides or is there a gap at the bottom? Have you pulled it in about 6" and looked under the floor to see if anything is under it keeping it from going all the way out? Some times a lost item,,, salt shaker.. spoon... something left on a table will get under the slide and not let it go all the way out.. look with a flash light from the ends under it.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

brlr2000

It's been like this since day one. Slide is fully extended. Seals are right against wall. I'll bring the slide in to take a look for something blocking it.

Wmnmy

our Elkridge had a similar situation and I found that the bolt on the slide out had a nut under it towards the front had backed off not allowing my slide out to extend fully I tightened the nut and put lock tight on it works great now ....

brlr2000

I checked underneath...both inside and outside. I don't see anything blocking it from dropping. However the slide is still sitting on the top edge of the roller, even when fully extended. I can't see how it could ever drop down...assuming both the door side and offdoor side slides work the same way

Wmnmy

The nut backed off bout 6 inchs away from the center there are two nuts that should be close to each other when your slide is out is the rod against your skirt under neath your slide I put the slide all the way in climbed under and saw loose nut...

brlr2000

I would like to adjust the slideout, but it seems to me since the inside seals (along the vertical walls) are tight, I don't think the slide can move out any further. If it can't move out any further, how can it drop down into place? I'm pretty puzzled with this one.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If that off door slide has rollers under it I don't think it is meant to drop down flush with the floor.
Your off door slide is huge. It needs rollers.
My rig has one slide with rollers and one slide without.
They do not operate the same and it sounds like your slide is functioning as intended.

Peace
Dave

brlr2000

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I have an appointment next week with camping world...hopefully it can be resolved-one way our another

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Take some pics and post if you get the chance. I'm still having trouble understanding the issue. Hopefully a simple adjustment and a quick resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After looking at that floor plan, that is not a flush floor slide. That is a rollered slide which also contains part of your kitchen...so yes, it sounds as if it is normal and is supposed to be raised.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My large, heavy kitchen slide has rollers, but it does not sit with a 2" gap. Does sound like it needs to be looked at, especially if the furniture can't sit properly.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think the 2" gap is from the bottom of the couch to the floor...the couch is on top of the raised slide floor. I know that the top of my rollered slide floor is 2" above the main floor...