Ask Heartland website manager?

Miltp920

Why is it when I go to the Heartland website, I am still looking at 2013 pictures. I have seen that 2015 units on dealer sites have updated color schemes, but I can not see them on the factory website. I would think it would be better for sales to show off your enhancements to a new model year as soon as possible for those of us looking to upgrade. How about some pictures of this NEW Edge toyhauler...or is it still a concept?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Not long after we purchased our 2013 Trail Runner, the new 2014's were released with a new outside color scheme (more grey than white).

I remember thinking that I had wished that we had waited as I thought the new color scheme was better!

But when I actually saw one of the new ones on the dealer's lot while I had our trailer in for warranty repairs (?) . . . I decided that I liked the look of ours much better!

Other than the outside paint job, the only thing different was that they switched the layout of the bathroom around (ie.- flip-flopped the layout)!

And, of course, added about $3000 more to the price!

Even though we've had it for two years now . . . it still has that new trailer smell! :p

Photo from our most recent campout one week ago (Colorado HOC 2014 Fall Rally at Rifle Gap State Park, Colorado):

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

Crumgater

Yeah, the website has a great layout and awesome content (try looking at SOB trailers and it's amazing how hard they make it to look at things!).
But...
There are even some brands (Mallard) not accessible from the menus on the heartlandrvs site...
WTF??

MTPockets

Not long after we purchased our 2013 Trail Runner, the new 2014's were released with a new outside color scheme (more grey than white).

I remember thinking that I had wished that we had waited as I thought the new color scheme was better!

But when I actually saw one of the new ones on the dealer's lot while I had our trailer in for warranty repairs (?) . . . I decided that I liked the look of ours much better!

Other than the outside paint job, the only thing different was that they switched the layout of the bathroom around (ie.- flip-flopped the layout)!

And, of course, added about $3000 more to the price!

Even though we've had it for two years now . . . it still has that new trailer smell! :p

Photo from our most recent campout one week ago (Colorado HOC 2014 Fall Rally at Rifle Gap State Park, Colorado):

View attachment 32218
. John, you do keep it nice. If you recall at the CO campout, I thought it was brand new. It does look like it; hard to believe it's two!

JohnD

. John, you do keep it nice. If you recall at the CO campout, I thought it was brand new. It does look like it; hard to believe it's two!

Thank, Terry!

The trailer is still a little dirty, and even more so since the big hail storm we had here on Monday . . .

The trailer didn't get any damage other than a bunch of dirt and leaves all over it.

But my new truck has several hail dings on the hood and front fender! :mad:

Guess I'd better call my insurance agent in a few minutes to see what I need to do about that . . .

Getting ready to go out and winterize the trailer in a few minutes . . .

And I plan on doing a wash and wax on it next week on my days off . . .

Miltp920

Sorry to hear the new truck has hail damage already. Been following your discussion line about getting the new truck.

Thank, Terry!

The trailer is still a little dirty, and even more so since the big hail storm we had here on Monday . . .

The trailer didn't get any damage other than a bunch of dirt and leaves all over it.

But my new truck has several hail dings on the hood and front fender! :mad:

Guess I'd better call my insurance agent in a few minutes to see what I need to do about that . . .

Getting ready to go out and winterize the trailer in a few minutes . . .

And I plan on doing a wash and wax on it next week on my days off . . .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
To add insight to the original post, remember that an RV manufacturer's main customers are the RV dealers. Dealers are not extensions of the manufacturer like car dealerships.

They market heaviest I'm sure to these dealerships, including promoting at the Hearshey Show and Dealer Open House in Elkhart, in September, to show off the new models. Dealerships then place orders, and units go into production for delivery in a few months... For dealers to have fresh stock for the spring. During this time, those same dealers have units on the ground they need to sell. Manufacturers would be undermining potential sales if they were advertising something newer than what dealers currently have in stock. I seem to recall a flux of new content this spring on HL's website. Also note that professional photography, retouching, content development and layout take time -- and they have a staff of 2 people for all of HL marketing.

I know, it doesn't help the consumer, and we are the ones using the product, but that's how the industry works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Sorry to hear the new truck has hail damage already. Been following your discussion line about getting the new truck.

The hail dings really aren't that bad . . . counted 9 of them . . . the biggest one right in front of me while I'm driving!

If that one ding wasn't right there, I might just let them slide as we get lots of hail here in Colorado and will most likely get more hail dings in the future.

The truck doesn't even have 3000 miles on it yet, so I will get them undinged.

My insurance has $100 deductable on this type of issue.

The topper came in earlier this week and am getting it put on tomorrow!