What did you do to your camper today?

MagnoliaTom

I cleaned and emptied my old camper in preparation of trading it in on a new fifth wheel. What did you do?

cgaskins

Ah... I did that 2 weeks ago. Spent the last two weekends getting the new one setup the way I want it. Put the ADCO cover on it. Wow - that was an experience. I have to work on that process as it was a pain in the butt the way I did it. Fun times.

Pizzadigger

Washed roof and exterior walls. Touched up caulking. Replaced pop up drain in bath lavatory with a residential brass unit that really works.

FARMER45

I left my daughters house with my trailer still pluged in, left her a check to have it repaired. Blamed it on my wife, BUT not out loud

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Spent our first night in our new trailer, in freezing temperatures. 31° this morning and 68° in the camper. I love fall camping. I love the fireplace option. Propane heater only kicked on twice the entire night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 871
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 860

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just got back from tailgating this weekend and waiting on a guy to come help recaulk everything. Then will wash it and get ready to leave Thursday for n texas rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeromyS

Yesterday installed magnetic door clasps and the rear arm of my Steady-fast stabilizer system. Today I tackle the hard part... The front supports and integrating them with my 6 point level-up system.

Jim.Allison

I marked my rig so that I would know at a glance how the weight of an item located aft of the kingpin is distributed between the pin and the trailer axles. The garage items are 30% less than actual weight, the basement is 35% to 50% less. With this information we swapped garage items and basement items so that the space would become more useful.

Cjackg

New shoes on the TV today... after endless research... worked out great!

"Costco installed a set of Michelin LTX 275/65R20 MS2 tires on my 2500HD today and they fit just fine with no issues whatsoever. My Max weight rating jumped from 3195 to 3750lbs per tire and they ride even smoother than the oem GY tires...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I didn't do anything to it today . . . but Friday (2 days ago) I winterized it for the first time by myself.

Plus, I packed away all the trailer stuff in the trailer that I keep handy in the garage during the camping season.

This week on my days off I will probably give the trailer a bath . . . and maybe a wax job, if the weather is good.

jbeletti

I showed mine to potential retail buyers (they actually want my next demo coach that will have a similar layout).

Dave H (cookie) and I replaced a damaged hydraulic brake line.

Dan H and I replaced a defective sewer hose.

Mizmary

I got home from a month long trip without it. (Fulltimers) Turned the water back on and found a leak under the sink. Since the hubby is deployed I spent some time watching youtube about pex fittings, then just tightened the connection and fixed the leak. (It wasn't the pex crimping. Just the connection got loose in our travels this summer.) Here is to hoping I don't have to do anything else!

jbeletti

I got home from a month long trip without it. (Fulltimers) Turned the water back on and found a leak under the sink. Since the hubby is deployed I spent some time watching youtube about pex fittings, then just tightened the connection and fixed the leak. (It wasn't the pex crimping. Just the connection got loose in our travels this summer.) Here is to hoping I don't have to do anything else!

You're a smart lady Mary. Happy to hear you were able to solve this on your own. For those that do travel with their RVs, an annual hand-tightening of all plumbing fixture water line fittings is something I would suggest. Especially in the first couple years of ownership.

jimtoo

Well today I walked around,,patted her on the rear and said,,"Hopefully we can get going soon." She didn't say a thing,, just sat there. I looked a little more,, just checkin her out.. she still looks good and is ready to go.

Jim M

Rodbuster

Well today I walked around,,patted her on the rear and said,,"Hopefully we can get going soon." She didn't say a thing,, just sat there. I looked a little more,, just checkin her out.. she still looks good and is ready to go.

Jim M

Jim, that's very romantic, but the topic is, what did you do to your "camper" today.

Dick

etcmss

made a better water and cable access in my Big Horn. Bought a smaller electrical cable access cover unit, removed the big existing water hole plug and cut out material to slide the new fitting inside---then screwed the big water hole plug back in. This new one will take the water hose and the cable wire and not leave a huge opening for critters.

Attachments

• img_6154 (Medium).jpg
    img_6154 (Medium).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 446
  • img_6155 (Medium).jpg
    img_6155 (Medium).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 447