What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Breached the coroplast, again, and did what I should have done the first time, a year and a half ago.
Gray #2 valve wasn’t closing tight again. This time I re-routed the cable for a more direct path to the valve and removed 32” of extra cable. Works slick now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

Breached the coroplast, again, and did what I should have done the first time, a year and a half ago.
Gray #2 valve wasn’t closing tight again. This time I re-routed the cable for a more direct path to the valve and removed 32” of extra cable. Works slick now!!

So you just cut the cable and the housing? Did you use wire cutters or what? Which end did you cut the 32" from?

My black tank is not closing all the way and I need to do something to it.

THANKS.....

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
So you just cut the cable and the housing? Did you use wire cutters or what? Which end did you cut the 32" from?

My black tank is not closing all the way and I need to do something to it.

THANKS.....

Pretty simple actually. Excess came off the end in the belly attached to the valve. Pair of side cutters will cut the cable and sheath. Make sure you account for the 6” of bare cable needed beyond the housing (sheath).

porthole

Retired
Not today, but after the last time on the forum.

Replaced the 50 amp connector after driving over it in our haste to get to the PA rally.

Fortunately I had an extra one in the garage after ordering to many parts for another project.

Attachments

• Cyclone_50_amp_plug.jpg
    Cyclone_50_amp_plug.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 81

ksucats

Escobra: From the pictures it looks like you had tile as a backsplash. Is that correct? On our LM we have what appears to be qtr inch thick tiles and the wife doesn't like them as they are so close to the color of everything else. We were looking at doing the same as you (Peel and stick type stuff) but when I looked at pulling the tiles off I thought better of it. Not sure what I'll find behind them. So, wondering what you had before you covered them up.

Ron

esscobra

Escobra: From the pictures it looks like you had tile as a backsplash. Is that correct? On our LM we have what appears to be qtr inch thick tiles and the wife doesn't like them as they are so close to the color of everything else. We were looking at doing the same as you (Peel and stick type stuff) but when I looked at pulling the tiles off I thought better of it. Not sure what I'll find behind them. So, wondering what you had before you covered them up.

Ron

I just had wallpaper - the peel and stick ones I put up were a tile material and have depth rather than then flat peel and stick types you see most often- if you look at the pics you can see the grey wallpaper that was originally there- the bottom you can see where I peeled off some that was coming up from the sealer they put on top of counter. I really liked the new landmarks with the lighted tile - but in the end decided the weight an work involved in putting up real tile/grout just wasnt worth it

ksucats

Thanks for the reply. Looked again last night and I think I've talked the wife out of trying to change it. I'm afraid trying to remove the tile would make such a mess that the replacement backsplash would not look good. Again, thanks.

orion7144

We didnt like how the dining table was installed with so little room to the window side for the chair. We now have plenty of room.
f8cef49ff3b6ebc6f54f0e61719214e5.jpg
ddc0f60f5fca6ca54b0793647a12ddcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since I just recently bought a place in Yuma, Arizona and will not be living in my Prowler as planned, I have removed the two very uncomfortable, yet very expensive RV recliners that came with it and brought one that was in my new home to replace them and closets.

I am on my way to the 2018 Heartland Owners Club Mountain Regional Rally in Pueblo, Colorado and will be going up to Denver when the rally is over to retrieve the rest of my stuff out of a storage unit there.

The basement is almost completely empty as is most all of the inside cabinets.

I had taken the couch out a few months ago when I moved in to the Prowler and replaced it with a desk.

ProwlerDeskCouchGone-IMG_20180312_130139303.jpg ProwlerDeskRomeow-P3121782.jpg

I may ditch the desk in Denver and do something else with that space since I won't be using the Prowler as my home for now.

With that desk gone there is a lot of storage space for moving my stuff!

Maybe a Futon or something...or perhaps I could put one or both of the factory recliners there instead of in the slide.

MCTalley

Replaced the coroplast under the main portion of our rig this week. The back story is that we had a hydraulic leak from our door-side slide that wasn't found until 2-3 quarts of fluid had collected in the underbelly. The fix was pretty easy, but over time we had hydraulic fluid all over the underside of the coroplast and it was starting to break down the material.

Last summer I stopped by Heartland parts and picked up a 24' roll of replacement material but just now got around to installing it. I don't have any before pictures of how bad it was sagging.

Here is after I removed the coroplast. I had already tied up some loose wiring at this point. I also replaced the cable and satellite connections near the point where they exit the frame to go up into the off-door slide. We recently found that our cable TV had quit working in the rig after the cable rep stopped by and found very low signal at the cable outlet near the TV, so I've been replacing cable connectors all over the rig. Our cable now works great again.

i-g83vKTQ-L.jpg

Here is the new material. I had to cut about six inches off down the length of the material. The frame rails are 6' from outside edge to outside edge. The material was 6' 6" wide.

i-cf7wZMv-L.jpg

Here's the finished product. Since we missed putting screws back into some of the cross braces, I bought four pieces of 6' long L-shaped channel from Lowe's and braced the material from underneath to help prevent sagging.

i-Zh6H3vW-L.jpg

rjr6150

TV washed,leather treated and waxed/rejexed. Trailer bearings repacked and tires balanced and rotated. Leaving Wednesday for Colo Regional Rally. Hanging out at Cheyenne Mtn State Park Wednesday/Thursday.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
TV washed,leather treated and waxed/rejexed. Trailer bearings repacked and tires balanced and rotated. Leaving Wednesday for Colo Regional Rally. Hanging out at Cheyenne Mtn State Park Wednesday/Thursday.

See you in Pueblo!

I'm on my way right now from Yuma, AZ...

Spending the weekend near Huachuca City, AZ!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do not buy this porch light fixture:

LED RV Motion Sensor Exterior Porch Utility Light - Black 12v Lighting Fixture Kit with LED Panel For Bright Lighting At Night Trailer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N3FD7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nVXcBbANQYP8Z

Purchased August 2017. This winter it allowed water inside the fixture somehow, and shorted out the light. We cut the caulking on the top and sides and unscrewed the fixture. Lifted it away from the wall and water poured out! So although it was bright, it was a bad purchase. Looks like they have discontinued the availability of it on Amazon.

mthompson

We have the Norcold 4 door refrigerator/freezer. It wasn't keeping either area cold enough. When I pulled the covers off I found that there were two 4" fans and a piece of sheet metal blocking all but about 2" of the upper exhaust. I removed the piece of sheet metal, and replaced the two 4" computer fans with the following "AeroCool Silent Master 200mm Blue LED Cooling Fan EN55642" I got these on Amazon for $19.00 each. These fans are almost 8" and move way more air and are very very quiet. They also have a soft Blue glow to them that you can see at night, which is good because they're so quiet you can't hear them. The refrig. runs about 15-20 degrees cooler and the freezer actually keeps the ice cream frozen. Seems like a win/win to me. Gotta have frozen ice cream.

BTW I got this idea from the following youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVTP89-Btg&t=197s It was an easy 1 hour job, and makes a BIG difference.

Last edited: