What did you do to your camper today?

Aandaar

Keep a good eye on those wheels. Do you have a tire pressure monitoring system? We had three different ones (same exact style) crack on the inside portion of the rim and let the air out overnight (fortunately all when stopped). I found those by getting a low pressure alert when performing my morning hitch-up routine. I had another one crack like yours, as well.

So far this is the only rim that has had an issue. I conduct pre and post walk around every travel day and I also have a TPMS. So I will continue to keep an eye on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
They wouldn't have sold you one. And had you asked, eventually you would have been pointed at Tredit.

As for your customer service exchange, I can picture a new customer service guy covering his microphone and asking the guy next to him about wheels. The 2nd guy says "we don't stock wheels", and your guy translates that into "they're no longer available."

That's the part that bristles my hackle a bit. I've not been impressed with Heartland in my dealings with their warranty dept. I chose Heartland based on its reputation but haven't seen that in real life. Sad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

John_M

Changed out the cheap Dometic single zone thermostats in our Road Warrior 427 and replaced them with the Dometic Bluetooth single zone thermostat. We were getting frustrated with the original ones because all you had to do is bump into them and they would change from cool to heat, or the temp would drop from 75 to 55, or change from Fahrenheit to Celsius without touching it. The Bluetooth thermostats were an easy swap out and the wiring is exactly the same. So far no issues. Being able to change the temp from the couch is nice! :cool:

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Couldn’t find my pressure gauge for tire inflation today, so used the one at the resorts compressor. Found that my gauge was 15 pounds off and my tires were under inflated. Time for a new gauge ! Digital I think.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
No pics but we finally finished install for our CheapHeat system, as well as adding a heating pad to the fresh tank, pipe heater line to the fresh tank supply line to the pump, and the water lines to the sink in the kitchen.

We had some hiccups along the way — but overall we are very happy with the results.

One thing we discovered, our fuse panel was mislabeled. We had a label for “welcome back light”, which we don’t have, and thought it was unused. Unfortunately, we found that it was actually used for the living room lights! This caused us to have to rethink our wiring for the DC heat pads/pipe heaters.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
No pics but we finally finished install for our CheapHeat system, as well as adding a heating pad to the fresh tank, pipe heater line to the fresh tank supply line to the pump, and the water lines to the sink in the kitchen.

We had some hiccups along the way — but overall we are very happy with the results.

One thing we discovered, our fuse panel was mislabeled. We had a label for “welcome back light”, which we don’t have, and thought it was unused. Unfortunately, we found that it was actually used for the living room lights! This caused us to have to rethink our wiring for the DC heat pads/pipe heaters.

Sounds like an awesome mod. It will be on our list once we get to spend a little bit more time in the trailer.
Probably 4-6 years. When the college years run their cycle. Haha

TravelTiger

We realized our kitchen sink had slowing begun to sag away from the countertop. I discovered water had gone between the countertop and the sink edge where the silicone had separated, and dripped on items under the sink. At first glance we saw we had a few clips holding the sink in place, but one side of the sink there was no place for the clips to attach. With fulltime living, over time the weight of items in the sink and constantly having the sink cover on when not in use, the power of gravity overcame.

We had put off repair for a while and just didn’t use the sink cover as designed.

Finally, Tony had time to tackle, and did his best to fix the problem. I then reapplied new silicone around the entire sink.
576588ba8be23dfe1c1840c4db2e26b1.jpg
36730a408a4012c1a7a93da0856244af.jpg
bfbe3dd555c8cef51b82df14450c37e6.jpg

LBR

We realized our kitchen sink had slowing begun to sag away from the countertop. I discovered water had gone between the countertop and the sink edge where the silicone had separated, and dripped on items under the sink. At first glance we saw we had a few clips holding the sink in place, but one side of the sink there was no place for the clips to attach. With fulltime living, over time the weight of items in the sink and constantly having the sink cover on when not in use, the power of gravity overcame.

We had put off repair for a while and just didn’t use the sink cover as designed.

Finally, Tony had time to tackle, and did his best to fix the problem. I then reapplied new silicone around the entire sink.
576588ba8be23dfe1c1840c4db2e26b1.jpg
36730a408a4012c1a7a93da0856244af.jpg
bfbe3dd555c8cef51b82df14450c37e6.jpg

I had to do the same repair last year. Resealed with an adhesive caulking, then was able to install a crutch underneath sink that didn't detract from access/storage areas.

TravelTiger

A few pics of the CheapHeat duct, DC heating pads and heating cable added to our Big Country 4010RD.

New product from UltraHeat, to be used on pipes. We added this to the water lines to the kitchen faucet on the island, as this is a long run, subject to freezing. We also added on the fresh supply line from fresh tank to pump.

645e98af3e831c4ce39e5d7a81fcd753.png

After adding the heating cable, we wrapped the lines in foam insulation. This is permitted by UltraHeat.

9e3911d39d909014ac4c06db51b10105.jpeg

Here’s a shot of the heating cable on the fresh water supply (blue pex) before wrapping with insulation.

7d14aede9744d516c13d8820429a903f.jpg

Here are the ThermaHeat heating pads added to our fresh tank. We went with two smaller pads to go on either side of the support bands. The two pads use about 5amps each.

b23013a877f2133f43bdd550076bfe51.jpg

Tony holds the fresh tank drain pipe that we insulated. We will keep this tucked up into the underbelly for winter.

07e3776024774e2d5e25ab06c5e9c9aa.jpg

Additional duct added to our CheapHeat system, as instructed (6 ducts required). We used a duct meant for use in dryer venting, however it is rated to 300 degrees, as recommended by CheapHeat. It’s semi rigid so it was easy to route (and does not collapse) into this area, where the fresh and kitchen grey tanks are located. We hope this will aid to keep the water moving as well.

8ace76cd7a7826c5216ea68fff9fe9b5.jpg

TravelTiger

I’m happy to say, that extra vent to the underbelly is keeping it nice and toasty under there! We put a remote temperature sensor by the fresh tank drain to monitor.

Outside it’s 12* here in Angel Fire, NM. With furnace running, Underbelly reads 61*, behind the basement wall reads 41*.

So there really isn’t a need to turn on the heating pads/lines yet.

53659b02981e75e9d58febf5579034f6.jpeg

Kbvols

I’m happy to say, that extra vent to the underbelly is keeping it nice and toasty under there! We put a remote temperature sensor by the fresh tank drain to monitor.

Outside it’s 12* here in Angel Fire, NM. With furnace running, Underbelly reads 61*, behind the basement wall reads 41*.

53659b02981e75e9d58febf5579034f6.jpeg

Glad to hear it's working well for you. It looks cold there!! It's going to be a warm 60 degrees here in NW Ohio today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

So does cheapheat have a transfer switch? If you’re away from the camper and there is a power outage, does the furnace auto-switch back over to propane?

danemayer

So does cheapheat have a transfer switch? If you’re away from the camper and there is a power outage, does the furnace auto-switch back over to propane?

CheapHeat has a manual switch. You'd have to introduce a relay into the switch wiring to have a failover to propane operation.

TravelTiger

CheapHeat has a manual switch. You'd have to introduce a relay into the switch wiring to have a failover to propane operation.

Yep I wondered about this too!

However, we have Simplisafe which alerts us if there is a power outage. Residual heat in the rv should keep things from freezing for a while. If I were worried about that I guess I’d head back to the rig. I think the chances are slim that this scenario would happen. Longest power outage during cold weather we have experienced was about 6 hours.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yep I wondered about this too!

However, we have Simplisafe which alerts us if there is a power outage. Residual heat in the rv should keep things from freezing for a while. If I were worried about that I guess I’d head back to the rig. I think the chances are slim that this scenario would happen. Longest power outage during cold weather we have experienced was about 6 hours.

Agree low chance of power outages but just like in a S&B it happens sometimes at the most inopportune time. Just curious
Enjoy your ski trip. We’ll soon be off to find us some palm trees. LOL!!

Oregon_Camper

We need to camp next to you guys for about 2 weeks to copy (read..have you help) all your awesome mods. :cool: