What did you do to your camper today?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday (Friday) I had the wheel bearings repacked, suspension and brakes checked and adjusted and also upgraded to ‘E’ range tires from ‘D’ range tires.

I did discover a leak in my outdoor shower (why these don’t have a shut-off valve on them somewhere inside the trailer is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe :confused: ), so have to drop the coroplast to figure that one out.

So right now I’m running off of the water pump and fresh water tank until I figure this one out.

I did buy a new Rand McNally RVND 7 GPS unit a couple of weeks ago as my old 5” Rand McNally unit was starting to act up, plus my foggy eyes can see this new one much better!

This past week I replaced the lp regulator that went from the passenger-side tank to the driver-side tank. Cleaned up all the cables behind the T.V. in the living room and stuck all the routers and modems to the wall so they were up off the floor. Took down the false walls in the basement to get a better understanding of the bird nest there with plans of expanding and using all the added space I can get from it. Added screen to the floor vents to help catch all the gold-fish and cheerios my 16 month old likes to store down there, added the screen to my furnace exhaust to keep bugs from building their nests, and got an insulated pad for my daughter's skylight in her loft to help keep the cold air out.

JohnD

Oh yeah...almost forgot that I had to replace the LP regulator and hose fittings earlier this week as it was leaking badly!

Oh yeah...almost forgot that I had to replace the LP regulator and hose fittings earlier this week as it was leaking badly!

Did you have to order the regulator? I had an original 30psi regulator and couldn't find one anywhere. The local RV shop said I could use a 20 but I wanted to stick with what was in place. It was only for the second tank. I was able to use one tank until the new regulator came in.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Washed both the BC and the truck to get ready for the Louisiana rally next week. Can’t be showing up all dirty now can we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Did you have to order the regulator? I had an original 30psi regulator and couldn't find one anywhere. The local RV shop said I could use a 20 but I wanted to stick with what was in place. It was only for the second tank. I was able to use one tank until the new regulator came in.

This is where I ordered my replacement. It is so cheep ($7.97), I ordered a spare.

Update: Forgot the link: https://www.rvautoparts.com/Marshal...MIhtbd0eH42QIVimV-Ch0ESAVdEAQYBSABEgJxJ_D_BwE

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Washed both the BC and the truck to get ready for the Louisiana rally next week. Can’t be showing up all dirty now can we?

Whoops! We showed up dirty, and got dirtier at our Rally! 🤣

All last night and early this morning...

My niece came to stay with us for a couple of days... She's five. Bless her heart.... she put a beating on my 16 month old son, went #2 in the upstairs toilet without flushing, leaving a pleasant surprise for my wife, and then washed her hands for dinner and didn't turn off the faucet in the back bathroom. Didn't find that one for a few hours. Wife noticed water leaking from under the camper when she went to the car. Searched for an hour or so trying to find the source of the leak under the camper. Finally gave up, cut off all the water to the camper and had my daughter go to bed. She came right back saying the bunk-room was "soaking wet". Yeah... she wasn't kidding.

Long story short, I now know what the inside of interior walls look like, and there is linoleum under the carpet in the bunk-room (which we preferred anyway) and I got to see what was above the underbelly like I'd been wanting to. Don't think any serious damage has been done. Linoleum seemed to have caught the majority of it that didn't go into the floor vents and come out under A/C in the front underbelly, and we put multiple dehumidifiers in to get the moisture out. Got to get in one more little nook to get the wet carpet out and I'm thinking we should be done. The basement and all stayed dry and the only "wet" area was about half of the bunk-room floor so it could have been much worse. Plan on taking the rest of the under-belly down to inspect everything while its out and then put everything back together again.

porthole

Retired
Fortunately we haven't needed it yet, but for mishaps like your events and our dogs, I picked up a Milwaukee shop vac, 18 volt battery is the same battery I use in all my cordless tools now.

JohnD

I have a 100-pound LP tank hooked up right now and the LP store that services me installed the new one.

Whole thing cost me $100 bucks (all new hoses, fittings and everything), but this new regulator is a heavy-duty industrial model . . . not the cheap Camping World China bomb model that these campers come with from the factory.

And knowing what I know now, when I ever get a new camper, I'll replace the LP regulator first thing, just like replacing the BlowMax tires!

It has been leaking ever since I bought the trailer and didn't really realize it.

As of recently, it completely leaked two 30-pound tanks in the last couple of weeks and at around $30 each . . . I'm glad I went for the good regulator!

I'll take a photo of the new one tomorrow as it is raining and snowing outside at the moment.

I have a 100-pound LP tank hooked up right now and the LP store that services me installed the new one.

Whole thing cost me $100 bucks (all new hoses, fittings and everything), but this new regulator is a heavy-duty industrial model . . . not the cheap Camping World China bomb model that these campers come with from the factory.

And knowing what I know now, when I ever get a new camper, I'll replace the LP regulator first thing, just like replacing the BlowMax tires!

It has been leaking ever since I bought the trailer and didn't really realize it.

As of recently, it completely leaked two 30-pound tanks in the last couple of weeks and at around $30 each . . . I'm glad I went for the good regulator!

I'll take a photo of the new one tomorrow as it is raining and snowing outside at the moment.

We are planning on having a larger, permanent tank installed on the lot soon. Hoping to get through the rest of the cold season with our two tanks for now. Get a feel for how long they will last for when we start going on trips. I'm sure the people will install everything I will need to get it up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

Last night I came home early from work and began taking out walls to get to the dead space that still had wet carpet. Now that the walls are open, I plan on adding some more cubby holes for the kids to have a place to store there shoes. Plan is to cut some of the stud out and put a cross member to distribute the weight. Cut a matching hole in the wall and add some finishing trim. There is an outlet right there which I plan on moving further up. The fact that they put linoleum down throughout has been amazing in keeping this project from getting even more expensive and keeping it a lot simpler.

Attachments

• new hole camper.jpg
    new hole camper.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 78

mlpeloquin

Ours leaked for at least a year, but could not find it. Then one day gas smell was big time ten feet away. With the new regulator I can pressurize the system and turn the tank off. A week later the pressure is still the same in the line. It never was that way since new so it must have been leaking since new as well. I will be interested in the regulator that you purchased. Make, model, etc..

Ours leaked for at least a year, but could not find it. Then one day gas smell was big time ten feet away. With the new regulator I can pressurize the system and turn the tank off. A week later the pressure is still the same in the line. It never was that way since new so it must have been leaking since new as well. I will be interested in the regulator that you purchased. Make, model, etc..

Marshall LP Regulator High Pressure 30 PSI MEGR-130-30

This was on the line that crossed the camper from passenger to driver side and into the auto switchover.

carl.swoyer

I had a similar situation,
My granddaughter's we're in the bathroom.
I was outside.
I kept hearing swooshing sounds?
After about 15 minutes I go into the fifth wheel and find my granddaughter's in the bathroom filling up the toilet and then watching it empty.
Fortunately I was on hook up.
Rolol.... I love my grandkids

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Finally got my Onan 6500 wired into the gen prep and plumbed into the propane. Fired up and ran a load on it for about an hour and a half. Just need to get a tailpipe cut to fit our Gateway.

I had my tail pipe custom made. It's exiting between the two slides. I can also install the Venturi so the exhaust it above the roof line ( I chose not to install the Venturi security clips)
248a8d8bffd426bb6fda8a8da1d2de74.jpg
433bbebad35b241261e9656a56d683ae.jpg

JohnD

Was able to take a couple of photos of the new LP regulator and gas setup:

Click to enlarge:
ProwlerNewLPregulator-P3191817.jpg ProwlerNewLPregulator-P3191821.jpg

It is a Marshall Excelsior regulator from Marshall, Michigan (made about 25 miles from my hometown)!

Was able to take a couple of photos of the new LP regulator and gas setup:

Click to enlarge:
View attachment 56994 View attachment 56993

It is a Marshall Excelsior regulator from Marshall, Michigan (made about 25 miles from my hometown)!

Very nice. We own an rv lot in North ga that we use as our home base. plan on getting a "smaller" residential permanent tank installed on the property. Glad to see you got the same manufactured regulator. Hopefully that means i got the right one too.

porthole

Retired
I had my tail pipe custom made. It's exiting between the two slides. I can also install the Venturi so the exhaust it above the roof line ( I chose not to install the Venturi security clips)

Carl, are you talking about the clips that go on the side of the trailer?

Is so, good call. The chrome peeled on ours in less then two years and look like junk (but still work).

Genturi makes suction cups now for the pipe.

And for what it is worth, I don't use clips at the top. I set the rubber band thing high enough so that I can grab the gutter with the s-hooks and have it under just enough tension to sit at the proper height.

The other thing I wish I had not done was drill the hole for the pin. The hole and pin make the exhaust noisier.

carl.swoyer

Carl, are you talking about the clips that go on the side of the trailer?

Is so, good call. The chrome peeled on ours in less then two years and look like junk (but still work).

Genturi makes suction cups now for the pipe.

And for what it is worth, I don't use clips at the top. I set the rubber band thing high enough so that I can grab the gutter with the s-hooks and have it under just enough tension to sit at the proper height.

The other thing I wish I had not done was drill the hole for the pin. The hole and pin make the exhaust noisier.
Yes I've never had any issues with the Venturi not being secured to the side of the fifth wheel. It stays in place with the pin at the exhaust pipe.