What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's another alternative, if you are interested in seeing out the front door.

Zarcor makes a kit that is the clear glass, plus a shade with a handle you can operate with the door closed! We love ours! Privacy, but easily see out when you want!

They are also supporters of the Heartland Owners Club, having donated items for the West Texas Chapter Rally and I believe the upcoming South Central Region Rally!

http://www.zarcor.com/rv_products/index.php

64b7bdc4a8ea7bc21b4c6918fbc048eb.jpg

Exterior

dba964fa5050208cf9c117914ee6118f.jpg

Interior

4379076ed9c03fb43f76505c7ae4f2ee.jpg

Interior open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Zarcor makes a kit that is the clear glass, plus a shade with a handle you can operate with the door closed! We love ours! Privacy, but easily see out when you want!

They are also supporters of the Heartland Owners Club, having donated items for the West Texas Chapter Rally and I believe the upcoming South Central Region Rally!

Exterior

Interior

Interior open

I like the shade window.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I like that window with the built-in shade...might do that in the near future!

For now this is my $10 Camping World fix for the entrance door window to keep the sun and cold out:

EntranceDoorWindowShade-P4262020.jpg

esscobra

Did you have to replace the outer rim on the door? or is that original one- I have full paint and the trim is painted tan to match and don't really want to deal with changing the outer trim.

Exterior

Interior

Interior open

TravelTiger

You use your own frame. You remove the inside frame and glass, and the kit comes with new sealant (butyl tape in rope form) to seal the new glass into the frame.

porthole

Retired
Two things - took the spare Dyson of the house basement - our original Dyson slim digital was DOA when prepping

and

Went on our first trip of the year, 120 miles inculding an 18 mile ferry ride to break up the long trip.

travelin2

Removed the electric fireplace from its cubby and took it outside. After removing the back & top, using my air compressor blew a year and a half of pet dander and whatnot out of it!
7e4a6a44f139921117f908cf31612e61.jpg

817ef407af9ada04b2c7871e8b016e3a.jpg
11629a9b9ab371532376986e2f3688ed.jpg

jnbhobe

Took the rig out of storage, aired up the tires and checked that everything works. Have to clean the inside load in food and fill the water tank, then we should be ready to go.

danemayer

Aired up tires on trailer and truck today.

Changed the keypad membrane on the RVLock, again - it just doesn't hold up to pressing the buttons with fingernails.

Got the black tank valve working smoothly. The rubber parts dried out over the winter and it would barely move. Poured a couple of gallons of water and maybe 6 oz of Dawn into the black tank and let it sit overnight. Today, sprayed lubricant into the sewer outlet. Moves easily now.

Refreshed the Directv receivers and tested out the Trav'ler.

Fired up the water heater and refrigerator yesterday and confirmed today that they're working correctly.

Almost ready for Albuquerque.

Mrsfish

Changed the keypad membrane on the RVLock, again - it just doesn't hold up to pressing the buttons with fingernails.

Got the black tank valve working smoothly. The rubber parts dried out over the winter and it would barely move. Poured a couple of gallons of water and maybe 6 oz of Dawn into the black tank and let it sit overnight. Today, sprayed lubricant into the sewer outlet. Moves easily now.

Fired up the water heater and refrigerator yesterday and confirmed today that they're working correctly.

we (Rick, Ann and the labbies) are excited to see you guys! Maybe Callie can teach my girls a thing or 10! Safe travels and see you next week

Pokiejoe

You better get all your stuff done so you can get to Alb and work on mine. See you soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

travelin2

Removed the electric fireplace from its cubby and took it outside. After removing the back & top, using my air compressor blew a year and a half of pet dander and whatnot out of it!

How did you remove it? I can't find how it is anchored

Ours, yours may differ...The trim piece needs removed to expose 4 screws. This metal trim piece is 3 sided, top & 2 sides. It rests in slots on each side of the unit. Feel for the bottom edge of the trim piece on each side and lift up.
If you need a picture I’ll get it tomorrow

TravelTiger

Always alternatives.....

My view out...
9682effcadc5794f7f48b5e84368004c.jpg

Your view...
c5c4072331aeb00feab76d1f16926c46.jpg

Looking between the bars is easier than it looks.

The shade closed provides total privacy -- no one can see in at night, and it significantly reduces the summer heat transfer through the window.