Cyclone 4200 ideas

danemayer

Anyone know how long the batteries last without shore power for the electric only residential refrigerator?

Generally if you tow for 8 hours and have an overnight stop without shore power, you should be ok. But a lot depends on what else is drawing power from the batteries overnight. if it's very cold and you have the furnace running overnight along with the frig, it's possible you could run the batteries down.

BLHFUN

Anyone know how long the batteries last without shore power for the electric only residential refrigerator?

Your TV will keep the batteries at full charge when you're running down the road. I haven't had any issues with overnight stops running just the fridge on the inverter. (8 plus hours). Dan is correct on the heater fan. It will drain you dry in about 6 to 7 hours if you start with a full charge. Been there!!!

ndmac

We have been living Full time in our 4200 HD since September 2014. I agree and have been verbal about every single one of your comments, vent in bathroom, shelves in on each side of the bed in the master with his and her light switches, cabinet under sink opening the opposite way, etc.

We do love our 4200 despite these issues and are slowly but surely working to correct these things to our satisfaction. We recently were able to add pantry shelves to the pantry in the dead space at the bottom. We've also installed wine glass racks and created an interesting way to display my many spices.
View attachment 33933

Apc427,
Would love to see some pictures of that pantry mod. I have been thinking about that myself...not sure why they did not set this up to allow storage and access...even with a side hinged shelf in that space or something attached to the door to fill that space.

4wp18-51-kit.jpg
4asr-18.jpg
17724.jpeg

SteveC

Hi all,
My wife just moved into our 4200 and going full time. I installed the automatic satelite dish and got all 4 TV's working, but not good. So after a call to Directv they sent out a tech and he pulled his hair trying to figure out the wiring. I had talked to Greg and Heartland and he sent me a schematic of the cable wiring. After about an hour and half, we started looking everywhere for the splitters that were causing the issue. Come to find out there is a bird nest of splitters in the area above the tv in the living room. Once we found that he was able to get everything working and with a very strong signal. There was a wire in the roof to connect to the dish as described which was nice.
It would be good for future rig's to have two cables from each tv panel to go to the basement mounted on a panel, how nice would that be.

For my second, it would be nice to have shorter windows in the living room and cabinets mounted along the top, no need for such huge windows.
3. same in master, a second slide at the dresser side and cabinets at top of smaller windows.
4. remote automatic tv mount in garage, get a stiff neck looking up and working on different ideas to improve this now.

All in all, I have not had any issues with this rig to date even after a couple of long trips and has been pretty solid. We will be hitting the rode in a month or so headed south to see what we can see.

Codive

So I am in the market for the 4200, pretty much decided this will be ours!

I am finding great ideas, things I haven't noticed since we haven't gone out in one yet. That being said, one thing I thought might be an idea would be the side patio TV- any thoughts on the door/table being in the way? It seems if that is your table, cups, bottles etc would get in the way. Would it be better if the door was removable? Just thoughts and looking for opinions from those who have been there done that.

OEFVET

I thought the same thing when I looked at the 4200. So far we just use it to gather things up on the patio. We have a small table and chairs set up while we are sitting. I also like to take one of the gates down if I decide to sit on the ground instead of the patio deck. This way you can view the tv.

apc427

ndmac,
It's real easy to do. If you take the panel off at the bottom, you can get to the screws for the bottom wall and then push it back a couple inches and scew it back in. By doing this you can use 1x4's for the shelves.