EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AR, Mountain View - 5/1/2015 to 5/3/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcoon

Dang, the first liar doesn't have a chance, got 2 of you ganging up on me! I think I'm going to have to bring the Bald Knobbers down there with me, maybe then you Arkies will learn some manners!!! :)

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Dang, the first liar doesn't have a chance, got 2 of you ganging up on me! I think I'm going to have to bring the Bald Knobbers down there with me, maybe then you Arkies will learn some manners!!! :)

Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, bring em on. They aint bad enough.........

huntur

Hi Billy
We had a great time visiting with you and Janice while in Mountain View last sept.
Were planning to come down to the Arkansas rally on 5/1 to 5/3.
Looking forward to seeing you both.

John & Ruthie DeJaynes HOC # 2786

bacaye

As of now, we are in 72 and your 5th wheel is in 73!!!! That could be double trouble!!!!! :) Looking forward to seeing both of you.

bsummit

Billy, I hope you are getting the weather and the roads ready for us. How is Hy 5 looking from Drasco?

Luke

Hwy 5 from Drasco to the construction has been resurfaced but the construction has not progressed any thru the winter. Looking forward to seeing you and Carol.

Billy and Janice

happykraut

What is the best route to take from West Plaines to the rally? 17 to 395 to 9 is shortest, but doesn't look like the best roads. 63 to Mammoth Springs then 9 to Salem might be a better choice. Thanks.

bsummit

What is the best route to take from West Plaines to the rally? 17 to 395 to 9 is shortest, but doesn't look like the best roads. 63 to Mammoth Springs then 9 to Salem might be a better choice. Thanks.

You don't want to take 9 because the last part is crooked as a snake and narrow. I would take 160 to E and then 223 to Calico Rock and then 5 south to MV, which I show as the shortest, 75 miles. You could take 9 down to hwy 56 and west to hwy 5 south. Any more questions give me a call 870-917-9297.

DougAndJudy

Hwy 63 is a good road. Highway 9 from Salem to Hwy 56 is not bad. Take a right at 56 to Calico Rock. Then a left at Hwy 5 to Mountain View.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We are coming from IL the route we have planned is 255 S to 44 w to 63 S to 17 to 395 to 9 for 19 miles to 5 . is this a good route ? this is what map quest has . Does anyone have a better route ? We are about 15 miles from St Louis.

happykraut

Kenny 17 and 395 look pretty small to me. So here is what I came up with. 63 out of West Planes to Mammoth Springs. Then 9 through Salem to Brockwell. Then 56 from Brockwell to Calico Rock. Then 5 out of Calico Rock to MV. So what do you think, guys?

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I think we are going 63 to 160 to 223 to 5 and that takes you in to Mountain View . Just hope down town is little bigger cause don't see anyway around it !! LOL!! we googled it and that's the way it says to go. Looks easy enough..

bsummit

I think we are going 63 to 160 to 223 to 5 and that takes you in to Mountain View . Just hope down town is little bigger cause don't see anyway around it !! LOL!! we googled it and that's the way it says to go. Looks easy enough..

That will be a good route.

bsummit

We are coming from IL the route we have planned is 255 S to 44 w to 63 S to 17 to 395 to 9 for 19 miles to 5 . is this a good route ? this is what map quest has . Does anyone have a better route ? We are about 15 miles from St Louis.

What ever you do don't take 9 all the way to 5. The last section of 9 is crooked as a snake and narrow. Any other route over to 5 will be ok.

bacaye

Coming from West Central Illinois we have debated, debated again, and we still manage to change our minds daily. Our problem is an easy way to get to I-44. We changed our plans again last night for the first part of our trip, but still staying with 63 to 160 to E to 223 to 5. Now if Bill and I can only agree on the best way to get to I 44!!!! We have a couple errands, one more trip to camper, and we are ready to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.