PDI issues

MagnoliaTom

We were supposed to bring our new 38 rsrt home today. Well, that didn't happen. The tech didn't seem to really know what he was doing. The trailer was a unit off the showroom floor and had some minor issues but nothing I thought were too bad. However, after a few minutes inside the rig, it became obvious that they either tried to rush the "make ready" or didn't even perform one. All the promotional stickers were still in place, loose entry grab handle not secured, not cleaned or washed (actually looked dirtier than it was when in the showroom),and lots of other annoying small details that could easily be fixed by me (but shouldn't need to my job). Anyway, I told them to call me when it was ready and left. Got a call shortly thereafter from the manager apologizing profusely and promising to make it right by tomorrow. We shall see....

nscaler2

We were supposed to bring our new 38 rsrt home today. Well, that didn't happen. The tech didn't seem to really know what he was doing. The trailer was a unit off the showroom floor and had some minor issues but nothing I thought were too bad. However, after a few minutes inside the rig, it became obvious that they either tried to rush the "make ready" or didn't even perform one. All the promotional stickers were still in place, loose entry grab handle not secured, not cleaned or washed (actually looked dirtier than it was when in the showroom),and lots of other annoying small details that could easily be fixed by me (but shouldn't need to my job). Anyway, I told them to call me when it was ready and left. Got a call shortly thereafter from the manager apologizing profusely and promising to make it right by tomorrow. We shall see....
If this dealer doesn't already have your money or signature on finance papers, RUN do not walk from this deal. If this is the way they treat you BEFORE they have your money, how will their service be AFTER they have your money. Find another dealer your 38 rsrt from.

JanAndBill

Two new trailers, two entirely different PDI's. Unit #1 we were told to allow at least a couple of hours if not more. When we arrived at the dealer, they introduced us to our tech assigned to do the walk through. The trailer was clean as a pin, hooked up to electric and water. He was familiar and knowledgeable with every thing on the trailer, and showed us every feature, every switch, every operation of the trailer. When we were done, he had made sure that we knew that everything about the trailer was operational, and as it should be. The only warranty issue we had with the unit was the carpet binding raveled on the slide. When we called they set an appointment to come in, two days later it was fixed, no fuss, no stress.

Unit#2, we arrived at the designated time for the PDI. Trailer had not been cleaned yet, electric hookup consisted of a 15 amp extension cord, and no water hookup. They couldn't decide who was to do the PDI, and finally had a salesman come out. His explanation of the operation of the mechanical s included a lot of "I wonder what this does" and "I have no idea". Numerous obvious small issues that should have been fixed before we arrived, required us to come back two days later to again do a walk through. Several warranty issues after we picked up the unit required that we drop our trailer, because they didn't make appointments. After 2 weeks we were told it was ready, only to arrive and find that the repairs hadn't been completed, had to wait most of the day while they fixed it. Had similar issues with more warranty repairs, until I finally gave up and started fixing them myself.

Anyone care to guess which was the Heartland and which was the SOB unit??? Not saying that either trailer was better or worse than the other, just that all dealers are not equal, and as they are the first line representative of the manufacturer, they play a big part in the consumers opinion of quality.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Before I get too deep, I have to say that our PDI was awesome . . . the tech that did the PDI was exceptionally awesome and knew our trailer inside and out!

He showed us through our trailer and explained everything, including a manufacture's defect that we scheduled to have fixed right away!

The only problem . . . by the time we brought our trailer in to get the recall fixed (2 weeks later) . . . the tech had moved on to a better job at a different dealership, and left my dealership completely clueless!

I spent the next year and a half trying to get my dealership to fix issues that shouldn't have been an issue at all while my dealership tried to make me feel like I caused all of my warranty issues myself!

The day of our one year anniversary of purchase, our dealer washed their hands of us!

They made sure to let me know that they would no longer do ANY warranty repairs, despite how may times they did a quick fix to cover up any real warranty issues and repairs.

Lesson learned . . . document everything with photos or video . . . and make they earn your business from this point on!

Next time we upgrade to the next level of travel trailer . . . we will NOT buy from the dealer we bought our current Heartland Trail Runner!

Too bad, as we had a wonderful purchase . . . but their follow-up customer service left a lot to be desired . . .

They did absolutely nothing to preserve my customer loyalty!

And now that my Heartland warranty has expired . . . I will NEVER EVER go to my current Heartland dealership EVER again!

NEVER EVER AGAIN!

I will buy a Heartland . . . but NOT from the same dealership!

They did absolutely NOTHING to preserve my customer loyalty.

TXTiger

At the time I purchased my Cyclone I was living in San Diego. I found a Cyclone in Dallas TX at a great price and gave them a refundable $500 deposit on my Visa to hold it with instructions I would be there the next Monday to do the PDI. I left CA on Sat and got to the dealership in TX Monday morning. Nothing had been done to prepare my rig for its PDI. It was filled with sawdust, the fridge was still wrapped in plastic etc. They told me they would work on cleaning it all day and to come back at 5 PM. I told them I would not sign anything until post PDI. When I returned I was told that the front landing gear was not working and they would have it fixed the next day. I had to get a hotel for the night and returned on Tue. After working on it all day Tue we finally got to do the PDI late afternoon. The dealer reimbursed me for the cost of the hotel room as part of the sale. The dealer was very apologetic stating that they weren't sure I would show up for the sale so that was why they hadn't cleaned my rig in advance. It all worked out in the end and the dealer was great and paid for the motel room. Except for some minor issues I had no major warranty problems and still enjoy my Cyclone.

MagnoliaTom

Well we took possession of our new Elkridge 38 rsrt today. Much better experience with the PDI. Couple small things to be fixed still but we are happy. They are going to replace the control board for the remote. The light wouldn't work. Of course we got it home and now it works. The also needed to order a new cushion for the couch. When the tech opened the couch to make it into a bed, a loose screw tore the cushion. You can't see it when it's closed but they're getting a new cushion anyway. We are happy campers