Lost power everywhere except TV and microwave

Resolved: Lost power everywhere except TV and microwave

Thanks for the input.

Ended up my problem was between the chair and the keyboard. :rolleyes:

I was was plugged into a household 110v household circuit..... Being unfamiliar with a 50Amp circuit I did not realize that only half the power in the rig would work off that power... Just happened that the red power bar was lit and the black was not.... Unfortunately the converter was on the black power bar.... Short story, I drained the batteries with the lights on, and the converter had no power to maintain them. I moved the converter to the red power bar and the microwave to the black and that resolved the issue....

Hi! I am new to the forum and really appreciate the community already. I have searched through the forum as much as possible, but cannot find this issue or resolution.

2010 Cyclone 3950

Yesterday evening I plugged into 110 AC shore power just to run the lights in the rig so I can do some housekeeping. The refrigerator and all lights all worked fine. Microwave power light (time) was on which I typically use as verification that I am getting shore power. I left the lights on all night and when I got home from work today, all lights in the rig are off (not working), refrigerator is off but the rig is still getting power because the microwave and tv still work... I checked all breakers and fuses. Flipped them all off and back on... Nothing. I tried to start the generator, but got nothing... The entire panel that has the gauges that check power and tanks is dead... It is like the batteries/all DC power is dead in the rig. But since I am plugged in shouldn't the lights work? Again, the TV and microwave lights are on, but that is it... Thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:

GWRam

Welcome to the forum!!
I'm sure you will get more detailed answers, but my first guess is your converter/charger isn't working. Check your battery voltage. If you left you lights on all day and the battery isn't being charged it will be drained by end of the day. 120volt items will still work.

Welcome to the forum!!
I'm sure you will get more detailed answers, but my first guess is your converter/charger isn't working. Check your battery voltage. If you left you lights on all day and the battery isn't being charged it will be drained by end of the day. 120volt items will still work.

Thank you for the very quick response... This implies that everything, at least the lights are all run off DC power, and the shore power or generator just maintain the DC power through the converter/charger..... I did not know that... Very interesting. The refrigerator is set on auto, and is also not getting power, does it operate in the same manner? I thought it would switch over and run?

Do you happen to know where the converter is....?

danemayer

Hi hathorns1014,

The power converter is typically located behind the basement storage wall. It's also generally somewhere in-between the battery and the 12V fuse box, because the output goes to both.

Before taking things apart, check the 110V AC circuit breakers. Flip them off and on. Sometimes they look like they're ok, but have actually tripped.

If the battery was recently disconnected/connected, the fuses on the converter could have been blown. Another possibility is that the converter power cord vibrated out of its outlet. If so, when you put it back, secure it.

If you'd like a little more iinfo, we have a 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide that may be helpful.