Covers

Ruble

Purchased a new 2014 18PRL this past spring.I am thinking about covering it this winter.Looking for advice on which cover is the best value or would I just be waisting my money.I live in NW Wyoming we get a lot of sun and wind. My biggest concern is the cover not withstanding our wind but sure would like to protect it from the UV rays.

danemayer

Hi Ruble,

Many owners who have covered their rigs in windy areas have reported later finding that the cover caused wear and tear on the camper. At that point they discard the cover.

SweetP

We purchased our rig earlier this year, and have been debating on whether or not to buy a cover. We decided not to, especially after reading the many comments. We live in Ohio and will be taking our chances without a cover. We'll see how it 'weathers the storm'.....so to speak.

Lynn1130

Do a search here and you will find several (some very recent) discussions on covers. They may be helpful but the general consensus is that they are a waste of money and do more damage that good.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/49103-To-cover-or-not-to-cover-Thats-the-question