Dreaded Mod Thread

'Lil Guy'

Haven't even taken delivery on my E289 and We've upgraded the kitchen faucets. Then I go to the Elkridge mod section I start looking at this silly little thread about a new key holder by TravelTiger. Well, I have to go to the site and look at their stuff. They had a burnt metal key holder of the Elk, mountains and trees. Looked really nice and would fit on the door covering the switches for slide, etc. as you walk in. $47.00 later I have one on the way. Ordered the new map with state stickers for the big slide. Now a new name and address for the back along with the "Lil Guy" decals. A small 19" Flat screen TV/DVD for the bedroom. I also bought a 4' step ladder to drag along since I'll have to plug in the colored LEDs I'm putting on the end of the awning and a battery quick disconnect for the rig. Came with LEDs under the awing. Then another thread about a small table and magazine rack to go between the two chairs in the rear. Yep, got one on the way. I swear I'm not going to look at anymore mods, at least until I take delivery. Let me sneak back over and see if anybody has any ideas to organize the pass through storage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There's always another mod lurking in the next thread, waiting to rub the numbers off your credit card. It never ends . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Teehee, WARNING: 5ver-modding can be addictive! Still doing things to ours. :)

VKTalley

Haven't even taken delivery on my E289 and We've upgraded the kitchen faucets. Then I go to the Elkridge mod section I start looking at this silly little thread about a new key holder by TravelTiger. Well, I have to go to the site and look at their stuff. They had a burnt metal key holder of the Elk, mountains and trees. Looked really nice and would fit on the door covering the switches for slide, etc. as you walk in. $47.00 later I have one on the way. Ordered the new map with state stickers for the big slide. Now a new name and address for the back along with the "Lil Guy" decals. A small 19" Flat screen TV/DVD for the bedroom. I also bought a 4' step ladder to drag along since I'll have to plug in the colored LEDs I'm putting on the end of the awning and a battery quick disconnect for the rig. Came with LEDs under the awing. Then another thread about a small table and magazine rack to go between the two chairs in the rear. Yep, got one on the way. I swear I'm not going to look at anymore mods, at least until I take delivery. Let me sneak back over and see if anybody has any ideas to organize the pass through storage.

Just wait until you go to state & national rallies....even more mod ideas to see and try! My DH dreads when I go looking at new rigs for ideas on how to mod our Big Country.

GOTTOYS

You left out the most important things..A new set of quality tires, an EMS, either hard wired or portable a water pressure regulator and a good sewer hose set-up, not the cheap, thin brown one they give you....All the other stuff is just fluff. These are must haves..Don

'Lil Guy'

You left out the most important things..A new set of quality tires, an EMS, either hard wired or portable a water pressure regulator and a good sewer hose set-up, not the cheap, thin brown one they give you....All the other stuff is just fluff. These are must haves..Don

I already have all of those except the tires. This thing has 15 inch wheels with D rated tires. I don't think you can get E rated or I would.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I love the Elkridge the way it came from factory but there always seems to be something that catches my eye. It's all limited by my wallet.

One of the most common things we get complimented on is our personalized entry window. It just looks cool.

315emxl.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
It would look good if it wasn't a goat head. Lol. J/k

'Lil Guy'

I love the Elkridge the way it came from factory but there always seems to be something that catches my eye. It's all limited by my wallet.

One of the most common things we get complimented on is our personalized entry window. It just looks cool.

315emxl.jpg

I want one. Tell me more about the goat head. Where did you get it and how is it attached. Having a Ram 2500CTD, I think it looks right. If you don't want to share, I can understand. Then again, if you don't want to share, don't be dangling candy in our face.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I want one. Tell me more about the goat head. Where did you get it and how is it attached. Having a Ram 2500CTD, I think it looks right. If you don't want to share, I can understand. Then again, if you don't want to share, don't be dangling candy in our face.

I thought you would like it, knowing you drive a RAM. Simple to install. 25 minutes. They had a vender at the National Rally in Urbanna VA this year. I'll see if I can find a contact #. Maybe someone knows and can chime in.

xatdmp.jpg