Landmark Newport 365 2015

helen1

Hello,
We are considering buying this unit. This would be our first Heartland. I have gone on line looking for reviews. All I found was negative posts, but i have not found anything just on Landmark.

I would like to hear from you about your probblems with the Landmark and the warranty work. Also the good things.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards

jimtoo

Hi helen1,tself

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. The Landmark 365 is the newest unit out. So you will not get many comments on that unit itself. But you should get lots of good words about the quality of the Landmark line. The Landmark is the top of the line.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That's the problem when you go online looking for reviews....only people with problems post. For every one person you find who's had issues with their Heartland product, you can find 10 more who love theirs.

We've had two a Bighorn and now a Landmark. Had some real issues with the Bighorn, but the customer service from Heartland was exceptional and that's why when we upgraded and bought the Landmark. We've have virtually NO issues with our Landmark and would buy again....

Crumgater

When we were researching our purchase, the local Heartland dealer got poor reviews for maintenance shop service, but with all the MAJOR support of other owners here on the forum (which we did not find anything similar available for other brands), we jumped in.

SOOOO glad we did. We have used the dealer shop once, and they did great, it was something small... can't even remember what it was at this point... some broken closet door clips? No complaints.
When we originally picked up the Elkridge, we had one flat tire... it went flat again within 3 days of having it home... the dealer CAME TO OUR HOUSE (an hour drive away, 90 minutes in traffic) and took the unit back to the shop where we got a new WHEEL (not tire... wheel). He then Delivered it back to us! Can't beat that!!

Since then - 4 years later - we haven't had any issues - knock on wood - other than normal wear and tear. Like, replacing a toilet valve that froze over the winter (thought we winterized properly, but must have left some water in the line somewhere).

And we have "just" an Elkridge. The Landmarks look very nice!

owheaton

just seeing this thread but i actually own the same unit you are looking to buy...had mine delivered about 4 weeks ago so have spent 6 nights in it so far. I'm still in discovery mode myself but would be more than happy to answer any questions or provide feedback on any individual item you need...we love our coach and had approx 40 friends over to it last weekend for a football tailgate and everyone LOVED it!!!! my only frustration so far has been the quality of the home theater seating that i ordered and put in the unit...they have not worked out well and both have to be repalced

Let me know what i can help with

Owen

Seren

Bought a Grand Canyon last March and we have been fulltiming in it since June, love it. Our dealer has taken care of a few minor warranty issue - no problem. As a matter of face we drove 500 miles to buy from this dealer in TN. So get a good dealer who will take care of issues after your purchase. With the upgrades in the new 365's, I am sure you will be very happy with it and with Heartland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

TomMontague

It's great to see so many satisfied Heartland owners coming out and saying good things. There are a lot of happy owners out there - unfortunately the people who are not as happy tend to speak the loudest.

We have great dealer partners all over the country - in the United States and Canada. My recommendation is that you always try and purchase from your local dealer or nearest dealer first. RV's are like boats in some regards - it really doesn't matter how much you pay for it - something seems to go wrong. Our hope is that the things are small and your relationship with your nearest dealer allows you to get in and out of service in the shortest amount of time. After all, RV's are 7.0 earthquakes as they travel down the road.

Its also great to be a part of this forum. The people on this site are excited and eager to help out. I really underestimated the influence of this group and the wealth of knowledge they posess. They are a great help at shows and do a wonderful job helping owners solve issues, travel safer, keep their rigs nicer longer, and even cook better meals using RV kitchens. We are lucky to have them at Heartland and I'm lucky to have such a great group of full-timers to learn from as we move forward with LM365.

Good luck and we hope to have you in the Heartland family soon.

Thanks,
Tom

kakampers

Geez, Tom...you're making us blush....LOL!

Seriously though, Heartland is one of the few manufacturers that have truly recognized the value of their owners, the owner's club and especially this forum....this group was the deciding factor that kept us with Heartland, even though we seriously considered an SOB.

I'm sure I speak for majority of the members of this forum when I say we are extremely happy to members of the Heartland family!

jimtoo

It's great to see so many satisfied Heartland owners coming out and saying good things. There are a lot of happy owners out there - unfortunately the people who are not as happy tend to speak the loudest.

We have great dealer partners all over the country - in the United States and Canada. My recommendation is that you always try and purchase from your local dealer or nearest dealer first. RV's are like boats in some regards - it really doesn't matter how much you pay for it - something seems to go wrong. Our hope is that the things are small and your relationship with your nearest dealer allows you to get in and out of service in the shortest amount of time. After all, RV's are 7.0 earthquakes as they travel down the road.

Its also great to be a part of this forum. The people on this site are excited and eager to help out. I really underestimated the influence of this group and the wealth of knowledge they posess. They are a great help at shows and do a wonderful job helping owners solve issues, travel safer, keep their rigs nicer longer, and even cook better meals using RV kitchens. We are lucky to have them at Heartland and I'm lucky to have such a great group of full-timers to learn from as we move forward with LM365.

Good luck and we hope to have you in the Heartland family soon.

Thanks,
Tom

Yes, we have lots happy customers and owners. And yes, we have lots of great dealers and good dealers and like all businesses that have a dealer or a business that sells their product.. there are a bad one or two also. But somehow we manage to work around them and keep the product name on top.

Now for the forum,, we really need to think back a bit. If it was not for Jim Beletti taking it upon him self to start the forum, write the rules, monitor the forum and make it the best there is we would not be where we are today. In my opinion the Heartland Owners Forum is the best all around in customer support, help with ideas, problems and companionship. Most of all we, as members of the forum have a really good relationship with the Heartland reps and factory personnel.

There are very few forums, if any, that can show the good relationship we have with the factory.

So lets all stand up and give our forum administrator, Heartland Owners Club President Jim Beletti a standing ovation for his continued work and efforts to make this the best forum there is. :)

Jim M

T

TomMontague

No doubt - Jim is another fantastic resource we have and one I call on to help me make decisions, answer retail questions and get product tips and ideas from on a consistNt basis. He and his wife do a fantastic job and we can't thank him enough. Can't wait until they are in a new LM365.

:)

have a a great day.

Tom

EPaulikonis

Helen,

I'm a fairly new Landmark owner...just bought a Savannah floor plan that we picked up in May of 14. The purchase was made after 3-years of extensive research combing the Internet, going to dealerships in several different states, attending multiple camper shows, and visiting 4 different production lines in IN. Our finalists for a fifth wheel included the Landmark, Redwood, and Lifestyle. Key differences in Landmark that made us buyers: insulation package was superior, largest basement storage offered, largest (only) residential refrigerator option, one of two offering 17.5" H-rated tires as an option, and Heartland's owner's club and forums were a one-of-a-kind.

Upon delivery, we did have a few minor issues with the unit. I drove from OH to FL to buy, so this was making me nervous. The dealership in FL did their best to complete as much of the work as possible in a 2-day timeframe and they did an excellent job meeting our timeline and documenting what needed fixed, what was fixed, and working with me once I returned to OH. I signed up for the Priority RV Network and I'm glad I did. When I returned to OH, I found a participating dealer locally and he got me in quickly to complete the delivery inspection issues. During the process, I worked directly with HL Warranty folks, as well as the HL Product Manager (Tom Montague), and they were phenomenal. The Heartland company is committed to working with consumers to resolve issues that arise and do what they can to make sure you're a "Happy Camper" at the end of the day. I'll be a part of the Heartland owner's for many years to come. Best of luck on your purchase.

Hello,
We are considering buying this unit. This would be our first Heartland. I have gone on line looking for reviews. All I found was negative posts, but i have not found anything just on Landmark.

I would like to hear from you about your probblems with the Landmark and the warranty work. Also the good things.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards

jbeletti

Tom, Kathy, Jim and Eric,

Thank you for the kind words about the forum and the club. I'm a blessed man to have created a second career out of a lifestyle choice (RVing). I LOVE, LOVE traveling with an RV, meeting prospects and product owners. Ask anyone who's met me at a show - I can talk about product FOREVER!

The forum, while an amazing resource, is not a solo effort. Today, I steer the ship. But the ships engines are the forum moderators. Thank you Jim McGee and all the other fellas that keep things humming along! And finally, the forum is really great because of the owner contributed content and the prospect contributed questions. Without question, the Heartland Owners Forum is an amazing resource that benefits prospects and owners alike.

The club allows product owners to take Heartland product ownership to the next level. Club members are able to enhance their RV lifestyle and better leverage ownership of their Heartland by spending time with other owners at rallies and events, making friends, making memories and learning more about their coach.

Thank you Heartland family (owners, members, moderators, club leaders, brand GMs and more)!

kakampers

Yes, we have lots happy customers and owners. And yes, we have lots of great dealers and good dealers and like all businesses that have a dealer or a business that sells their product.. there are a bad one or two also. But somehow we manage to work around them and keep the product name on top.

Now for the forum,, we really need to think back a bit. If it was not for Jim Beletti taking it upon him self to start the forum, write the rules, monitor the forum and make it the best there is we would not be where we are today. In my opinion the Heartland Owners Forum is the best all around in customer support, help with ideas, problems and companionship. Most of all we, as members of the forum have a really good relationship with the Heartland reps and factory personnel.

There are very few forums, if any, that can show the good relationship we have with the factory.

So lets all stand up and give our forum administrator, Heartland Owners Club President Jim Beletti a standing ovation for his continued work and efforts to make this the best forum there is. :)

Jim M

Couldn't agree more, Jim. This forum is amazing with resources like no other...just yesterday, I searched all over the internet for instruction on this new hitch we have, the Curt 24Q...could NOT find it anywhere. Guess where I located it...YEP, right here in the Owner's Manuals that was compiled for/by Heartland owners!! Fantastic resource...

Seren

When we ware researching our purchase of an RV, Heartland was not even on the radar since the RV Consumer Group did not even list the Landmark as a fulltiming RV. However, that was once we found and started reading this forum, and at the end of the day ultimately was the deciding factor in purchasing a Landmark. In addition, the forum has been extremely helpful in answering questions that we have had since our purchase, especially the owners manuals which have been an invaluable reference for us. Since we have never owned an RV before, we would have been totally lost dealing with issues and transitioning to the cold a weather that we experienced the past few weeks here in the mountains of NC. So thank you, thank you, thank you for all those who are involved with and contribute to this forum. It would be very interesting to find out just how many Heartland RV's have been purchased as a direct result of this forum, as I am sure it is a lot more than just us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

Couldn't agree more, Jim. This forum is amazing with resources like no other...just yesterday, I searched all over the internet for instruction on this new hitch we have, the Curt 24Q...could NOT find it anywhere. Guess where I located it...YEP, right here in the Owner's Manuals that was compiled for/by Heartland owners!! Fantastic resource...

Yes.. since Dan Mayer came on board he has been writing and compiling information from everyone that submits info and has turned it into the Heartland Users Guides (HUG) in the tool section. He along with Dave and Terry and Jim B and others have submitted info and Dan has done a fabulous job of writing and publishing guides that give us a better understanding of how things work and operate. The guides are from folks that actually know how to use the item.

Jim M

slborba

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this forum. I have used this forum many time over the last yer to fix issue I've had with my Landmark. I am not a "handy man" by any stretch, but the information I have received from asking questions, searching the forum, or reading the HUGS has been invaluable to me.
Thanks again, very much appreciated!

Steve