EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/11/2015 to 02/16/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well Folks it is about time to RALLY.... OK... So it's my first one this year. I am so looking forward to hitting the road again.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all again..

BC

pegmikef

Good deal Bob as we haven't seen you for a while and are looking forward to seeing you again with your magic camera! This is Peggy's and my first time at the Kerrville Rally.

dlw930

First time in Kerrville for us too. Haven't had the rig out since Jan. 3 when we got back from our S TX trip. We're ready to see some of our Heartland rally friends again and meet some new rv.net folks! Itchin' to get rollin' again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Anyone thinking of making a trip over to Tweety's? Maybe a caravan on Wednesday or Thursday morning? It is about 60 miles, so that would about 1 hour drive each way.

Jim M

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Tweetys sounds fun. I've ordered online from them.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jimtoo

What Tweety's? never been there!

What??? Possum,,, you playn possum on us?? You never heard of TWEETY'S? I thought everyone knew about Tweety's. Tweetys a very popular on line RV, camping supply operation. They have their store in Bulverde, TX, which is just North of San Antonio. They ship aprox 85% from warehouses in different areas of the USA, like a lot of the other suppliers, but do have a nice almost new store and small warehouse. They have a nice showroom shopping area with lots of the smaller, popular merchandise to pick from.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
You have to go to Tweet's. Women go to Neimans, Macys, or such. Guys goes to Tweet's, Fry's and Elliot's Hardware (Plano TX). Be sure to take a good credit card with you.

BC

Possum51

TWEETY's??? And all this time I've been using Camping World!!! I am so embarrassed, especially since I live in Texas and my wife, Elaine was born and raised in San Antonio!!! I definitely will tag along with someone going next week!!

jimtoo

You have to go to Tweet's. Women go to Neimans, Macys, or such. Guys goes to Tweet's, Fry's and Elliot's Hardware (Plano TX). Be sure to take a good credit card with you.

BC

Bob... don't forget Gibson's there in Kerrville. Something for everybody,, from socks and shorts to plumbing to fishing tackle to guns and ammo. Oh... they have dishes, pots and pans and clothes also.

Jim M

pegmikef

I don't need anything from Gibsons. Or do I? :) I'm sure I'll be there once or twice.

Yeah, Gibsons is one of those places you have to go because they have just what you need. Of course you won't know you need it until you see it there.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is this Gibsons that used to be a chain predating Walmart? If so there used to be one in lake Charles and I have a few memories going there as a kid.

pegmikef

Is this Gibsons that used to be a chain predating Walmart? If so there used to be one in lake Charles and I have a few memories going there as a kid.

I don't think it's the same Andy as we used to have one of the Gibson chain stores in San Angelo and its inventory would have been dwarfed by the Gibsons in K-ville. They have a little of everything which I am sure includes stuff you need.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think it's the same Andy as we used to have one of the Gibson chain stores in San Angelo and its inventory would have been dwarfed by the Gibsons in K-ville. They have a little of everything which I am sure includes stuff you need.

Ok. Wasn't sure. I just remember this place being like a general store with a little bit of everything. But I was also like 5 or 6 when they shut down. We also had a kroger grocery store here that was a forerunner to the Walmart super center as this place had all kinds of things from fishing tackle to hardware to groceries. Now it is pretty much a grocery store with a lot of unused space.

jimtoo

OK folks... it is time to rally,,, almost.

Check out the Kerrville Sweetheart XIII Rally site. Larry has updated the attendees list as much as possible, the 2015 sponsor page has been updated also.

There are a couple of folks that did not sign up for the Sweetheart dinner on Friday evening, but if you change your mind, you can sign up when you check in at Buckhorn Lake office.

The weather is looking good for the week, so let's rally up.
smile.gif

Jim M

Possum51

Is it too late to order a shirt? Maybe have it shipped to me since it's so late. I thought I ordered it, but guess I didn't!

jimtoo

Is it too late to order a shirt? Maybe have it shipped to me since it's so late. I thought I ordered it, but guess I didn't!

I will check, but it probably is to late. I know they have been shipped to park, but will check to see if they will ship direct to you.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.