EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/11/2015 to 02/16/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Good to hear you made it. I assume you have the new tires and enjoying not worrying about the Towmax ones. We are heading that way on Fri.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
As far as the Gibson store, the big sign out front is the original, the layout of the store is similar but with a LOT more merchandise that the originals. I worked for them back in the 60's.

We're gearing up to leave Mission tomorrow and ready to rally! Got the dominoes all ready and waiting for that huge steak!IMG_0418.JPG

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Our site was open so we are here :) site 6015, its across from the visitors center right next to the pool/laundry building. I guess we should have stayed at Valley of Fires for an extra day...it was beautiful & so peaceful there...we came from Ft Stockton so it was only a 4-5 hour day, with a stop in Junction at Coopers BBQ (yum).

jbeletti

Glad to hear you made it Kathy.

Monica - is site 6014 next to you open? That's where I "try" to get. Hoping it works out. Did you stay at Hilltop last night? We're at Hilltop in Fort Stockton now. See everyone late tomorrow afternoon.

Jim Posz

I would probably be up for Tweety's if folks are going on Wednesday. We have Thursday planned with family from San Antonio. I'm here in site 6041. Also panning on being part of the Salt Lick Barbecue caravan. My wife Betty has never met a rib she didn't like.

jbeletti

Nancy and I arrived at Buckhorn around 3 pm today. All tucked into site 6013 by the windmill.

Went around and visited with a few attendees today and others stopped by to say hello. I saw a group of trucks heading to town for dinner later. Nancy and I had 2 couples by for dinner, then a few couples in for dessert. Bobcat arrived as we were eating outdoors, just after sunset. Kevin went over and spotted for Bob to get into his site.

Some excitement in our RV when Rocco decided to go after Emme. Bad news for Rocco - Emme has more teeth! Nancy got them separated and Rocco was keeping his right eye closed. She called a local Animal Hospital and they opened up tonight at 9:15 for us. Rocco's cornea is scratched in 2 places. He was given some salve that we need to apply 3 times a day for the next couple weeks, plus take him back in Saturday for a quick exam.

Myself and a few others are planning to help Jim McGee stuff rally bags at 9 am in the barn tomorrow. At 11 am, the BBQ pilgrimage to Salt Lick in Driftwood begins. I see a couple more couples want to join us. Cool. Note that this is not a rally event, not is there any organization to it. Just some fellow foodies going out for some good Q. Kevin and Nelly are riding with us. I suggest that others double up too as it's a long ride and you may as well share fuel costs. I plan to queue up in front of the office at about 10:50 am. Anyone is welcome to follow me but please plug this place into your own GPS. In other words, don't count on me to get you there. Never been there before so I'll be winging it :)

jbeletti

For the Salt Lickers, we're running about 15 minutes behind. Planning on departing around 11:15 ish now.

jbeletti

So eight Salt Lickers made the pilgrimage to Driftwood to have lunch at Salt Lick BBQ. Oh my - yum, yum!
TX, Driftwood - Salt Lick - 01.jpg TX, Driftwood - Salt Lick - 12.jpg TX, Driftwood - Salt Lick - 04.jpg TX, Driftwood - Salt Lick - 05.jpg TX, Driftwood - Salt Lick - 13.jpg

jbeletti

About 8 or 10 people showed up at the rally hall at 9 am to help Jim M and Cliff stuff rally bags. Didn't take long and we had fun.

Dutch & Di

Dutch & Di arrived late afternoon but had some "business stuff" to take care of so didn't get to track down any rally goers. Is there a list of where everyone is parked? We are in the Carriage in site #6040. We'll definitely be at the meet and greet tomorrow afternoon.
I'm going to set up my table late morning tomorrow to display our products. Feel free to stop by so we can meet you and you can see what we sell if you'd like.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the rally. Hugs, Di

jbeletti

Hi Di,

See this link for a rally attendee list. It shows sites that are generally correct:
http://rvrally.net/attendees_2015.htm

Note that this is not a Heartland rally so most of the actual rally information does not live on this forum. Rather, it lives on Larry Ulmer's website:
http://rvrally.net/

You missed the Meet and Greet late this afternoon. Everyone for badges and rally bags and Cliff and Jim M went through some agenda changes. We also introduced ourselves. Many broke into groups and headed out to dinner. My guess is that others stayed in the hall to play dominoes.

See you tomorrow (Thu).

Dutch & Di

Well our day didn't go as planned did it. I've apparently lost a whole Day!!! I hate that we missed the meet and greet but hopefully I can work my way around to meet some of you tomorrow. Hugs, Di
Hi Di,

See this link for a rally attendee list. It shows sites that are generally correct:
http://rvrally.net/attendees_2015.htm

Note that this is not a Heartland rally so most of the actual rally information does not live on this forum. Rather, it lives on Larry Ulmer's website:
http://rvrally.net/

You missed the Meet and Greet late this afternoon. Everyone for badges and rally bags and Cliff and Jim M went through some agenda changes. We also introduced ourselves. Many broke into groups and headed out to dinner. My guess is that others stayed in the hall to play dominoes.

See you tomorrow (Thu).

jbeletti

Margaritas at 4pm today (Friday) next to the barn in the outdoor bar area. I think they're $1 each. Okay to bring snacks to share with your group.

Dutch & Di

Gosh. Missed another get together. I got the e-mail notice 4 minutes ago even though the post shows 3 hours ago. What a shame. Hugs, Di

Margaritas at 4pm today (Friday) next to the barn in the outdoor bar area. I think they're $1 each. Okay to bring snacks to share with your group.

Status
Not open for further replies.