EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/11/2015 to 02/16/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Di, you need to sit with one of the rally organizers or another attendee and sync up. I hope you're in the barn with us now having a fabulous BBQ meal.

pegmikef

Peggy and I made it home safely as we hope all that traveled today did after a great week in Kerrville, TX.

I just wanted to take a minute or two to express our great appreciation for everything that Jim and Bette McGee, the members of the rally committee and all the others that helped to make this event come together. I know that it must be a mammoth task to orchestrate the coming together of forty rigs from all over the US with up to a hundred participants. The organization, scheduling and coordination of all of the activities plus the interfaces required to obtain all of the sponsorships must be very time consuming and tedious.

Peggy and I think your hard work really paid off and we were among the lucky and thankful recipients of a very good time visiting old friends and making new friends.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

dlw930

Glad you made it home safe and sound, Mike & Peg. Donna & I made it home about 2:30. The temp varied from 33 to 28 the whole trip. Had some dirty ice on our BC from the cold light rain that fell most of the trip, but thank God the right roads weren't icy. I second your thanks to the McGees and the rest of the rally committee. We had a great time seeing some of our Tx/Ok rally buds again and meeting new folks from IA, CO, TN, TX and elsewhere. Also thanks to Terry for the awning help and to Larry O., Jay C. and Corbin T. for all the tips and advice on how I can spend our $25 rvupgrades.com door prize!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We made it to the Dallas area late this afternoon. We'll be here for 2 nights.

We had a great time once again at the Sweetheart Rally. Thank you Larry, Cliff, Jimmie and everyone else who helped plan and execute this rally.

As an aside, as we passed through Hamilton, TX on 281 North, we were diverted by the Fire Department. Turns out there was an accident at an intersection in the center of town. I was able to make out a Big Country being pulled by a Ford pickup. The Big Country was stopped right behind the accident scene. Hope they weren't a part of it. Wondering if it was someone from the Sweetheart Rally.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We made it to the Ron Hoover Oasis RV Park where we'll be staying for the next month. We ran into Malcolm and Val Talley at the Buccee's in Luling. Small world!

dlw930

We took a couple of FM roads from Goldthwaite and came into Hamilton from the west instead of coming in on 281. Didn't run into any accident or fire trucks. Hope the BC wasn't involved too. We took on a little ice but roads were ok.

jimtoo

Hi everyone,

Well we have a choice or two to make for the Sweetheart Rally. To stay at Buckhorn we will need to move the rally up into mid January or wait until April to have it. I have talked to several and no one yet is in favor of either. It would no longer be on Valentine's Day which is where the rally got it's name. They say they are loosing money by having a rally at that time of year now.

I have checked with Alamo Fiesta RV Resort in Boerne, TX. They would be happy to have us in February at our normal time. The rates are a little cheaper ($31 day) and the sites are not quite as long, but concrete and it is a good all around park. They only have 37 sites (34--50amp,,3--30amp) they will promise to us, but we may have use of some others if available and needed. The club house or rally barn is very nice and well equipped and we will have full use of it for cards, dominos, and potluck dinner. The folks that run the park are very nice. We would need to make arrangements to have our Sweetheart Dinner catered which I don't think would be a problem. Hungry Horse Restaurant in Boerne is a good place to eat and does catering for things like this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for another location? I will check out any that are recommended. We do need to decide pretty soon so I can reserve something and start making arrangements for next year.

We could change the name to "Hill Country Sweetheart Rally" or "Texas Sweetheart Rally" and still keep the logos same. Or just drop Kerrville off the name.

(Hmm..just now thought about Texas Sweetheart Rally name and added it in.... I like that.
smile.gif
)

Jim M

jbeletti

I like "Texas Sweetheart Rally" and Alamo Fiesta sounds like a great place to have it. It will be nice to try another area and visit the sites there.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have been to the Alamo Fiesta park several times and like it and we LOVE the Hungry Horse restaurant. I agree with Jim that the name change to the Texas Sweetheart rally would be nice.

Jim Posz

First, thanks to all of the leaders and organizers who made this event a success this year. Second, the most important part of a rally is the people. Regardless of the location this group will have a good time. We don't have our plans for next year yet, but if the timing works we'll be there next year in the new location.
Jim

dlw930

It seems to me the Texas Sweetheart Rally should be held Valentine's Day weekend somewhere in Texas. Sounds like the Alamo Fiesta is a good park to serve the Rally's needs. If our schedule allows, we'll be there. Thanks for checking on our options.

David

jimtoo

I was told there is a new RV park being built on Hwy 87 in or near Fredricksburg, so I talked to Fredericksburg Chamber of C... They have "heard" of new rv park being built, but don't know anything, even who is building or putting it in or how big. So I will be going that way in a couple of weeks to check it out.

Another suggestion for rally name. " "Texas Hill Country Sweetheart Rally"

More later.
Jim M

jbeletti

Jimmie - maybe ask the Building Department of Fredricksburg - they will know based on permits. Also, City Hall would know as it had to be pitched to the council and approved.

Last edited:

pegmikef

Jim, you might try contacting the Gillespie County Commissioners about the new park. If it is outside the city limits of Fredericksburg then there probably wouldn't be a requirement for city permits or approvals. I did a cursory search and all I found was the Gillepie county fairgrounds advertising new RV Spaces and Horse Stalls for rent. I think the Fredricksburg area would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.