EVENT: RV.net Rally: TX, Kerrville - 2/11/2015 to 02/16/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Registration is a 2-step process:

1. Visit the Rally Website (link), register for the rally, then follow step 2 below
  2. Contact Buckhorn Lake RV Resort directly (800-568-6458) to reserve a site for the rally in the rally area (mention Sweetheart Rally)
Venue:
------------------------------
  • Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
  • 2885 Goat Creek Road
  • Kerrville, TX 78028
  • Mention "Sweetheart Rally" 800-568-6458
  • Link to Buckhorn Lake RV Resort Website
  • Pets ok: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $0
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $0
Details:
Rally Week Agenda:
  • Monday, February 9th:
    - Early arrivals - On your own - Have fun!
  • Tuesday, February 10th:
    - Early arrivals - On your own - Have fun!
  • Wednesday, February 11th:
    - Open Day - Explore the area!
    - 4:30 PM: Meet and Greet in the Barn at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
    .................(Conversation and Games)
  • Thursday, February 12th:
    - 4:30 PM (leave park): Optional Mexican Dinner in town at Mamacita's (carpools encouraged)
  • Friday, February 13th:
    - Open Evening - or, join us at 6 pm for the Sweetheart Dinner
    ................in the Barn at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
    ................$22.50 per person - BBQ Chicken and Beef Brisket or
    ................$23.50 per person - BBQ Half Rack Pork Ribs
    ................Signup for this will be done when you signup for this rally
  • Saturday, February 14th:
    - 8:00 - 9:30 AM: Optional Breakfast at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort: $5.50+ per person
    - 10:00 - Noon: Craft Show in Barn at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
    - 1:30 PM: Fun & Games outside (weather permitting, otherwise, in the Barn)
    - 6:00 PM: Optional: Valentine's Dinner 32 oz T-Bone Steak Dinner for 2
    ................in the Barn at Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
    ................Signup for this will be done when you signup for this rally
  • Sunday, February 15th:
    - 6:30 PM: Potluck Dinner in "location tbd"
  • Event Leader: Larry Ulmer (email)
Additional Info:
Join Heartlanders and many other brand owners for the annual RV.net Sweetheart Rally at beautiful Buckhorn Lake RV Resort.

Registration is a 2-step process:
-----------------------------------------
Here are the steps to join this rally:
  1. Visit the Rally Website (link), register for the rally, then follow step 2 below
  2. Contact Buckhorn Lake RV Resort directly (800-568-6458) to reserve a site for the rally in the rally area (mention Sweetheart Rally)
Additional Info:
Wagon Master will collect for the Shirts and Caps (Cash)

Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're in! Now to get my Mexican Train dominoes out and start warming them up!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don & I are registered:), will call Buckhorn tomorrow.
We are really looking forward to this rally...we had sooooo much fun when we went for the first time in 2013.

Last edited:

Rangelady

So I wondered if it is possible to join rallies to get to know folks if we are not in our trailer? We will still be winterized and still have freezing weather expected in March. So we can't un-winterize. Does anyone ever do the rallies via hotel?

jbeletti

So I wondered if it is possible to join rallies to get to know folks if we are not in our trailer? We will still be winterized and still have freezing weather expected in March. So we can't un-winterize. Does anyone ever do the rallies via hotel?

Yes, some people attend rallies without their RV. How this is handled, varies by rally. How Larry Ulmer, the coordinator of this rally handles it is not known. If you are considering attending this rally but will not have your rig there, I doubt it would be any trouble at all. Please reach out directly to Larry via the email link in post #1.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Rangelady,

I'm not sure what coach you have, but it would be possible to pull it to the rally, dewinterize, enjoy, then winterize before heading back home to Clovis. We have done this for winter trips to NM and Colorado from Texas. Winterizing your coach yourself is not hard. And, I bet some other HL owners there might help you do it, if they have experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjwright

Bob & Dorothy
We haven't been to a rally yet. Our first will be Quartzite in January. We saw the Kerrville rally on the event page and since we have been to Buckhorn RV before we thought that would be fun to go to. A good chance to meet more of the Heartland group.

jbeletti

We haven't been to a rally yet. Our first will be Quartzite in January. We saw the Kerrville rally on the event page and since we have been to Buckhorn RV before we thought that would be fun to go to. A good chance to meet more of the Heartland group.

Bob and Dorothy,

You should have a great time at both. I understand Garry (and Dakota) put on a fun rally (AZ). The RV.net rally is all brands and we co-sponsor it. Lot's of Heartlanders there and many other brands. Fun area in Hill Country too. See you in TX!

Jim Posz

We're coming to Kerrville in 2015! We signed up for the rally yesterday and made the campground reservations today. Here's hoping we can get the 5er dug out of the Iowa snow to get there.

Jim and Betty Posz

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
We just barely made the rally, been discussing it for a while and told DH we needed to act fast as only 3 spots were left...when I signed us up we were #40! PHEW! That was close. It will be our first rally and we are excited to meet the rest of you. See you in Kerrville!

Howard and Shelley Blake
Rockin_Dollar_B
Clovis, NM

Banjo

2015 Heartland Gateway

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
TravelTiger
We decided to take it out of winter-mode and come to Hill Country for the Sweetheart Rally. We are looking forward to it. Something to look forward to after Christmas. It will be our first rally. I feel like we just squeaked under the deadline--reservation #40!

Shelley Blake aka Rangelady
Rockin' Dollar B

jbeletti

Hi Howard and Shelley,

Looking forward to meeting you in TX at your first rally! And while it's not a Heartland rally, you'll be in good company as a LOT of Heartland units will be there.

jbeletti

Last I heard from Larry, there was still a site or two open for this rally. If you can make it - it's usually a fun time!

jbeletti

I'm not organizing this in any formal way, but I'm planning to make the pilgrimage to Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood, about 90 minutes east of Kerrville (map).

We arrive in Kerrville on Monday and pre-rally festivities start on Wednesday, so I'm making the BBQ pilgrimage on Tuesday. Thinking of leaving the campground around 11:30 for a 1 pm Linner (lunch-dinner).

Anyone else interested?

Those who have expressed an interest:
2 - Jim and Nancy Beletti
2 - Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck
2 - Jay and Stella Coffman
2 - Pat and Elaine Pool
2 - Brian and Jan Lajoie
---------------------------------------------
10 Total

Last edited:

Possum51

Jim, Pat and I would like to go to Saltlick with you on Tuesday. Guess we will have to change our reservation, if you have room for us to go along. Please let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.