samsung TV turning off

kseagle

The living room samsung tv (42") in our 2015 Landmark Key Largo turns itself off occasionally. It turns back on in a few seconds to a minute. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mya or Chewy laying on the remote?
Our cat makes changes for us.
Does this happen in different locations? Could be just a loss of signal.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi kseagle,

Next time it happens, check the power indicator on the front of the TV (if you have one). Or press the MENU button on your TV remote. That'll let you differentiate between a TV problem and a video source problem.

sstdusty

I was having this problem with a house Samsung TV. It was under a year old and a tech went in and replaced something internal. Haven't had the problem since. Now I keep mine updated via Internet.

wingfoot

The living room samsung tv (42") in our 2015 Landmark Key Largo turns itself off occasionally. It turns back on in a few seconds to a minute. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have an idea what may be the problem?

Unfortunately, Samsung has had it's problems with their power boards. It seems to be a common problem. Google "my samsung turns off or my samsung won't turn off". You should see numerous post and what prople are doing about the problem..Good luck..
BTW, I never got mine fixed...when it won't turn off if I smack it a couple of times it finally turns off...

kseagle

Update: Samsung has aknowledged a systematic problem & issued a repair order. Of course they issued the order for a shop in Florida--we're in Arkansas! So instead of being able to take it in for repair on Friday (local shop would have ordered the part necessary) we have to wait until shop in Memphis orders the part which won't happenuntil next week. At least we can continue down the road--albeit without a TV.