Winterizing?

2014 Big Country 3251ts, how do I get anti-freeze into the fresh water tank? Previous rv (Montana) had a fill cap on side of trailer. This Big Country does not, I prefer to put antifreeze into fresh water tank, and pump it through all systems from there. Takes a lot of anti-freeze but at least I can see when anti-freeze comes out of everything, especially washer.

Thanks

danemayer

2014 Big Country 3251ts, how do I get anti-freeze into the fresh water tank? Previous rv (Montana) had a fill cap on side of trailer. This Big Country does not, I prefer to put antifreeze into fresh water tank, and pump it through all systems from there. Takes a lot of anti-freeze but at least I can see when anti-freeze comes out of everything, especially washer.

Thanks

Most people don't put antifreeze into the fresh tank. Aside from future taste issues, you may find you need quite a bit of antifreeze, especially if the tank has a low spot that holds a couple of gallons of fluid below where the pump feed line is attached.

If you have the 4 way Anderson Valve, to winterize you need a short hose that connects to the city water inlet. The other end goes into the bottle of antifreeze. Turn the valve to the Winterize setting and the pump will suck antifreeze in and pump it through all of the lines where faucets are open.

Thanks for the replies/info. If use the jug method will the fresh water tank and water line from it to pump, drain or have anti freeze?

Thanks

danemayer

Thanks for the replies/info. If use the jug method will the fresh water tank and water line from it to pump, drain or have anti freeze?

Thanks
They won't have antifreeze. You open the fresh tank drain and the feed line will drain along with most of the tank contents.

As mentioned earlier, we have a Winterizing Guide that will walk you through everything you need to know, including refrigerator ice makers, and washers if you have them.