Taking Delivery in 2 Days - Inspection Inputs Would be Appreciated...

Bones

OK Thanks I don't think I have one but was wondering because the dealership asked me the same thing about the remote when I told them some of my outside lights were not working.

Update. Turned out that they sent a screw through the ground wire causing the light not to work.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
I am heading out to pick up our newly built 3650BH. This is our 1st 5er as I have been progressing upwards from tent, to pop-up, to travel trailer. Yep, we are all pretty excited. I want to try to contain the new rig "pick-up excitement" and focus on what I need to when I am doing the walk-thru. I would appreciate all input on any 'gotchas' any of you experienced post delivery. I have read through the threads and will ensure all drawers slides, latches work well, and the master closet door is aligned correctly. Anything else?

Of note my rig is configured with king size bed, slide out awnings, upgraded refrig/freezer, dinette w/theater seating, washer/dryer, and six-point automatic leveling system. I also decided to coat the rig with the Xzilon due to the 5 year warranty that it provides - anyone have pros/cons on that choice I made? According to what I read the paint will look new for years to come with no fading....

Also - my quandary is that I am picking up in OH and the temps are already getting below freezing. I will be heading to GA immediately after pick-up. The rig is already winterized - should I have them hook up to water at the dealer to test everything or am I safer in keeping it winterized due to freezing temps as I head south? I do not intend to set up camp on the way south so there is a chance it would hit freezing either while I am driving or perhaps overnight if I have to stop at a hotel.

Lastly - is the winterizing process pretty straight forward on this rig and how many gallons of anti-freeze will this one take?

Thanks to all that respond!

You might already be gone on your trip but I would not head off with out doing a full inspection including water before the trip. The last place you want to be is hundreds of miles from your dealer and something is not right. Especially in the water and sewer system. If you do de-winterize I would not winterize the unit again. Just keep all water out of it and leave your furnace on and set at 55 degrees F. When you get there and it is not freezing then hookup to local water and flush everything out again.