Should we cover or Rv against sun damage?

DeeJay

We live in the high desert in Eastern Washington and we were wondering if we should cover our RV while it is parked. It can be 100 to 114 degrees for over a month. Ours is Gel Coated and a 3055 Bighorn. What damage would we be heading off by doing this?

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We have always had our RV's covered. It helps with the longevity big time. We usually keep one 10-15 years and sell them for top dollar just because they are under a cover. We have a carport for it, and now I'm looking to purchase some drop-down UV netting to protect one side and the back. I haven't figured out what to do about the front yet. I wish I could have a "bra" made for the front, out of the netting. Any suggestions?

Covering it would save the rubber roof, paint job, and overall integrity of the seals and the slides, etc. IMHO!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had a product called Coach Guard put on the front of the Landmark. It is a clear 8 mil 3M laminate that covers the front cap. It is guaranteed for 5 years not to yellow, peal, chip or crack. I had it done in Elkhart, Indiana. I then use a product called ReJex on the Coach Guard. ReJex is similar to a wax. It goes on like a liquid wax. The cures in about 8-12 hours. It bonds to the polymar and shines like a was but also helps protect the finish. ReJex lasts for about 3 months and also helps with being able to easily remove bugs with just clear water and a rag. You can buy ReJex online at http://www.rejex.com/ Maybe this will give you some ideas.