MOR/ryde cargo tray

Jimnkarens

I plan to add the cargo tray that slides thru the cargo bay from both sides, but it sure would have been a nice option when ordering the new rig.

jbeletti

I plan to add the cargo tray that slides thru the cargo bay from both sides, but it sure would have been a nice option when ordering the new rig.

We used to have this as an option but it was not ordered very often. When we offered it, it was the Lippert version. I've had it and I've had (still do), the Mor/ryde version. Being totally honest, I prefer the Mor/ryde, though it's been many years since I've seen a Lippert model.

To roll out both sides, carefully measure the clear width you have on the off-door-side between the UDC wall and the gen wall. In my case, I CANNOT roll a 36' width tray out the ODS. If it was critical to me to be able to roll it out both sides, I would order the 33" width tray.

Gaffer

Does the cargo tray impede removal of the access panel or ability to enter that space for inspection or repair?

Jimnkarens

We used to have this as an option but it was not ordered very often. When we offered it, it was the Lippert version. I've had it and I've had (still do), the Mor/ryde version. Being totally honest, I prefer the Mor/ryde, though it's been many years since I've seen a Lippert model.

To roll out both sides, carefully measure the clear width you have on the off-door-side between the UDC wall and the gen wall. In my case, I CANNOT roll a 36' width tray out the ODS. If it was critical to me to be able to roll it out both sides, I would order the 33" width tray.

jim, what did you use to mount the tray to the floor? How did you raise it up high enough to clear the lip at the bottom of the cargo bay? Heartland is telling me that I must secure the tray mounting from below the bay. Any info regarding your installation would be helpful.

jbeletti

jim, what did you use to mount the tray to the floor? How did you raise it up high enough to clear the lip at the bottom of the cargo bay? Heartland is telling me that I must secure the tray mounting from below the bay. Any info regarding your installation would be helpful.

Jim,

I didn't install mine. I think Mor/ryde installed it in this coach for me.

I know they used carpet wrapped wood (2x4?). I assume they screwed the wood to the floor, then the tray to the wood.

I remember installing a tray in my 2005 Heartland Landmark. I used screws that were about 1" longer than the depth of my wood. In this manner, I would not penetrate more than an inch into the floor. No need to anyway as the material likely isn't that thick anyway. But the concern of course is that you don't want to penetrate the top of a tank!

On the ends of my sliding tray in my '05, outside the I-beam, I ran long bolts down through the tray frame, through my build-up wood and through the floor, then washer/nutted it.

On edit: Here's a link to a 9 year old post that shows my install pictures.

scottyb

I didn't have to raise mine since the Cyclone's basement floor is higher than the opening. One thing I found on mine is that the the basement doors do not align directly across from each other. I was able to get a 36" wide tray by skewing it a few degrees. I was afraid it would cause me to lose storage space but it actually increased it because I have such easy access to everything without having to drag to the stuff in front. For installation, it only requires a minimum amount of attachment because the weight on the opposite end counters the majority of the weight you are sliding out. The directions are very clear and even easier to install. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpg
    IMG_2826.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg