Squeak..Squeak

lakeside

New 2014 Bighorn with 5000 miles on unit. Traveling over the South Carolina I-95 the trailer suspension went squeak, squeak every time there was a road seem or a bump that worked the RV suspension. Seems a little bit early for squeaks? I sprayed HD silicone and then later WD-40 on every moving part I could find. Greased the equalizer. I thought problem was fixed, but after 100 miles, squeaks came back.

After I get 15,000 miles on this unit I planned to install wet bolts. I just wanted to know if folks here might have another idea on what I could do to lessen the squeaks in the suspension until install wet bolts?

Kindly thanks.

Lakeside

MTPockets

Are you sure it's suspension? Could it be slide seals? Pin box? Hitch rails, or hitch mount pucks? Do you have a bike rack? Or anything hanging from the ladder?

Gizzy

Don't count on the wet bolts to stop the squeaks. Had wet bolts installed 4 yrs ago and rig still squeaks. Not sure where it comes from, but we have just gotten used to it and don't worry about it. However, I still highly recommend the wet bolts.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have had this problem with my truck for about 3 years. I think it is between the leaf springs in the rear.
If I hose everything down with WD-40 it will stop for a few months and then start again. I have done this at least six times and now it's back again.

What I really need to do is disassemble the spring pack and clean and lightly grease between them. Trace

hoefler

It is most likely the leafs of the spring pack sliding on each other. It could even be your truck since it is squatted with the load. Some manufactures will install nylon slippers on the end of the leafs in the spring stack.

Bohemian

WD40 is a great cleaner, water disperser (WD40: Water Dispersal formula 40), but it is not a good lubricant. Yu need to follow up by applying a good lubricant compatible with the application.