TV splitter location on 2015 Gateway 3650 BH

Kosanko

Could someone please help me figure out where the TV splitter is located on my Gateway 3650 BH. I along with a DirecTV installer looked all over the 5th wheel this afternoon with no luck. I looked in the basement behind the wall, in the front closet behind the TV's. So if anyone can help and possibly take a picture you will be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi Kosanko,

I don't know the location but I'm wondering why a DirecTV installer would be looking for a splitter. If the satellite wiring goes to both living room and bedroom, there are usually 2 connectors in the UDC. The splitters are usually part of the cable/antenna wiring which is not suitable for carrying satellite signals because they won't make it through the signal booster.

Can you tell us what you're trying to do.

Roller4tan

I have a SWM directv dish. There are two connectors in the UDC for satellite input. Since the swm only has one cable I put a pass thru satellite splitter there to feed the living room and bedroom receivers. I installed the power inserter in the bedroom by the antenna amplifier.

Kosanko

Dan, What we were looking to do is just mirror the DirecTV signal so that we could just use one standard receiver in the 5th wheel, most of the time we only have one TV on at a time and I would like to have the signal from the DirecTV show on the outside entertainment area so we could watch what we want when we are outside, or while tailgating.

danemayer

Mark,

If the receiver has coax output (some newer units don't), you may be able to plug that output into the cable/antenna coax connector in the living room and back feed the signal to the other TV locations. But if you're looking for a splitter, I'd guess the installer tried that and it didn't work.

You might find it simpler to use a wireless solution. Here's a recent thread that discusses wireless solutions.

Kosanko

Dan,

That is what I was planning on doing, I just can't find the coax connector for the antennea because the reciever I have is an older model with the coax out that I wanted to mirror on all of the TV's because on the aerial antennea does send a signal to all of the tv's so there has to be a 1-4 way splitter somewhere on the rig, for all of the tv's to recieve a signal.

danemayer

Dan,

That is what I was planning on doing, I just can't find the coax connector for the antennea because the reciever I have is an older model with the coax out that I wanted to mirror on all of the TV's because on the aerial antennea does send a signal to all of the tv's so there has to be a 1-4 way splitter somewhere on the rig, for all of the tv's to recieve a signal.
Our 2011 LM doesn't have the outside TV. We have living room, bedroom, and basement coax connectors. The signal from antenna joins the cable at the signal booster in the bedroom. The combined output goes to the basement where there's a 2 way splitter. One side goes to the basement connector and the other side continues to the living room connector.

You may have a similar arrangement with another 2 way splitter somewhere that handles the outside TV and living room. I doubt there's a 3-way or 4-way splitter.

I think some people have just taken over their living room coax connectors to run satellite receiver output to the other TVs. But then you don't get to use cable or antenna on that TV.

Another choice might be to locate the satellite receiver in the bedroom and use a diplexer to combine it with the line coming out of the signal booster (assuming that's where your signal booster is located).

Something else you could try is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to email a copy of the coax layout for your Gateway. That'll show you approximately where the splitters are located. If you get a copy, please forward it to manuals@heartlandowners.org.

GWRam

Kosanko,
The only splitter I have come across in our Gateway is in the cabinet wall behind the built in radio and behind the antenna booster. They back up to each other. The booster on an inside cabinet wall. The radio is facing the dinette. Splitter in the cavity between. The booster face plate also has a SAT connection cabled to the SAT in the UDC.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWRam

c0c1e054f51472fff6f0359d064b27db.jpg
1ea1f6d4e4e134fbdb1e3c1303fffb65.jpg
c0c12deb63faf94b86148e3d792cd4c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk