Northtrail 27BHDS

Munruben

Hi There, I would love to hear about any owners of a Northtrail 27BHDS.

Pictures would also be great to see.

I would like to hear about any pro's or cons with this trailer also as we are having one built.

Thanks in advance

:)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We had a North Trail 28BHS. Can't help you with the 27BHDS, but our North Trail was a great trailer. Heartland has been a great company to deal with. Good luck!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We also had a NorthTrail, and loved it. From my shopping at the RV shows after we bought it, I never saw any other brand that could compare.

Because the RV industry is booming, my advice is to take a very long time to do your PDI (pre-delivery inspection). In the fast and furious construction, things are bound to be missed. It is the dealers responsibility to catch and fix these things, but often times the dealers prefer the customer to be the one to catch them.

As is often suggested for any new RV, test EVERYTHING, water, sewer, propane, ac, heat, fridge, etc. look in hidden places, make sure you know how to winterize and de-winterize, where the water pump is, dump valves work properly, etc.

It's best to NOT SIGN until the coach is fixed to your satisfaction--- one they have your $$$$$, your needs can sometimes become less important to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munruben

Thanks JWalker and TravelTiger. I am shipping this unit down under to Australia. As fas as I know this will be the first North Trail in Aus. I am dealing with the GoodSam company and so far I feel comfortable with their communication and willingness to please. Unfortunately once the trailer is built and on the water my warranty is expired. Can you guys recommend any items that I need the dealer to pay special attention to? so far the dealer has been very accommodating and I cant praise them enough. Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks for your time.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
2 items to pay close attention to that seem to cause nightmares for people

-Everything that deals with water. Water entering the trailer from the outside can cause severe damage and cost major $$. Check everything outside. Roof, slides, windows, etc... Water issues caused by plumbing leaks cans cause major issues and $$. Pressurize the system for a period of time and check everything.

-Everything electric. Check all outlets, lights (interior & exterior). Finding electric issues can be a real pain. Also work all mechanical items. Slides, awnings, stabilizers etc.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Munruben

2 items to pay close attention to that seem to cause nightmares for people

-Everything that deals with water. Water entering the trailer from the outside can cause severe damage and cost major $$. Check everything outside. Roof, slides, windows, etc... Water issues caused by plumbing leaks cans cause major issues and $$. Pressurize the system for a period of time and check everything.

-Everything electric. Check all outlets, lights (interior & exterior). Finding electric issues can be a real pain. Also work all mechanical items. Slides, awnings, stabilizers etc.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Thanks JWalker, I believe the unit has arrived at the store and they are doing a pre delivery check on it.. getting excited now and cant wait to see it.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Do you have an update for us? I do not have your model camper but I will say Heartlands are well built. We do a lot of camping where the "road" is more a trail and you need 4x4 to get in. When we tell some of our rving friends what we do with ours they cannot believe it. Our NT is by far the best rig we have ever owned. Congrats on your new toy!

Munruben

Do you have an update for us? I do not have your model camper but I will say Heartlands are well built. We do a lot of camping where the "road" is more a trail and you need 4x4 to get in. When we tell some of our rving friends what we do with ours they cannot believe it. Our NT is by far the best rig we have ever owned. Congrats on your new toy!

Hi Ghettomedic, our trailer is on the water and soon to land in Brisbane Australia in the next week or so. We are really excited and anxious to see it for the first time. I do have to make some modifications to suit our road rules, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run. We do a lot of free camping over here where we go away for the weekend every now and then, there will be some parks that we will stay at also. What type of trailer do you have?

LeviDada

We just purchased our 27BHDS and love it. We have only been on one trip with it, but it was a compete success. We are leaving again this weekend to Santa Barbara. The only complaint I have so far is the 2 gray water tanks in a hassle and the freshwater tank is super small, almost to the point where dry camping is not feasible for any longer than 2 days, and even that takes some sever rationing.