JCA tires! Alert

bmccarver

New to the forum. Had two tires blowout on my 38 ft Landmark and ripped the entire tread pattern off of the tires. Result is massive body damage to the rear of the rig. Anyone else in the forum have experience similar to this? Need direction before I cintact my insurance and the department of transportation. Thanks in advance.

Forrest Fetherolf

New to the forum. Had two tires blowout on my 38 ft Landmark and ripped the entire tread pattern off of the tires. Result is massive body damage to the rear of the rig. Anyone else in the forum have experience similar to this? Need direction before I cintact my insurance and the department of transportation. Thanks in advance.

I have researched different tires suppliers and manufactures.

Tredit in IN. (800) 537-2925 currently supplies several brands of tires to the RV industry, Mission, Good Year, Task Master, and Tireco. They supplied Trail America until 4/06 but discontinued because of numerous problems.

JCA in WA. (800) 921-tire and Jetstar in TN. (800) 731-tire both currently supply Trail America tires.

Americana in IN. (574) 522-9450 supply Loadstar and a salesman will get back to me tomorrow with a list of any other brand they supply.

Cooper in OH. (800) 847-3777 manufacture Kenda.

These numbers might be handy in case you have a tire problem and don't know where to start.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Do a search on this forum, or any other for that matter, and you'll find lots and lots of tire related issues. KEEP THE OLD TIRES!! The manufacturer MAY take care of your costs, but only if you have the tires to give back to them. Good luck.

StevieWonder

Absolutely save the tires. Otherwise they are likely to claim the tires were underinflated which is the primary cause for non-impact related failure.