ATF: Cyclone - Plumbing

So we have a problem with the pipe from the sink to the gray tank being routed incorrectly by the factory. The pipe was routed too close to the rear spring mounted, wearing through the pipe. Dealer (Lazydays Tampa) fixed it. Next time out my under belly floods due to water pipe to said sink coming undone and floooooding the under belly. Neither of the two companies stepped up and covered under warranty.

Neither company will get my money next time around.

danemayer

Hi roadglidefl,

If I'm understanding you, when the defect was found, Lazy Days Tampa fixed it and Heartland covered it under warranty. When the fix came apart, did Lazy Days explain why they wouldn't correct the problem?

jbeletti

As an explanation to those following this thread and user "roadglidefl", I banned him from the forum today. Note that we very rarely ban forum users. Maybe once every couple of years.

In this case, after I reviewed the member's posts on the forum as well as noted his rig type (GARBAGE GARBAGE), I decided to drop him an email to ask him to tone it back a bit and I encouraged him to be a productive member by providing constructive commentary. He did not take my reasonable request well. He responded with 3 words only - that cannot be repeated here.

Based on his harsh / vulgar response to my reasonable request, I made the decision to remove him from our friendly community.

szewczyk_john

Jim,

I am not questioning your decision. I am forced to make decisions on a daily basis that I know not everyone will agree with. I am wondering if our club, family and forum have gotten to large to be handled by the same individuals, meaning the moderators and yourself. Is it time for us to create a discipline board to handle suspensions, banishment, or other discipline related matters?

Please accept this suggestion as a friendly idea to spare you and the other volunteers from having to be judge, jury and executioner. It will also prevent future allegations that against those for abusing their authority. Just a thought.

jbeletti

Jim,

I am not questioning your decision. I am forced to make decisions on a daily basis that I know not everyone will agree with. I am wondering if our club, family and forum have gotten to large to be handled by the same individuals, meaning the moderators and yourself. Is it time for us to create a discipline board to handle suspensions, banishment, or other discipline related matters?

Please accept this suggestion as a friendly idea to spare you and the other volunteers from having to be judge, jury and executioner. It will also prevent future allegations that against those for abusing their authority. Just a thought.

Hi John,

Thank you for stepping forward with your thoughts. You're right, the forum is BIG. Big for us anyway, though no where near the size of any of the "any/all-manufacturers" forums.

Honestly - we have very few issues on a percentage of posts basis. I'm not sure we're to the point to where we need what you suggest, but your suggestion is appreciated.

DocFather

For what it is worth, I was the admin of a 3500+ member Forum for 3+ years. I gave it up a year ago. Once we went to committees, boards, disciplinary hearings (kidding) it became a real circus. When you have one (or a small group) moderating, and they are competent and slow to overreact, I feel it is the best scenario. For the year and a half I have been reading this Forum, I am impressed with the Leadership as it is.

szewczyk_john

Doc & Jim,

I agree that problems are rare on this forum. I have been educated and had fun visiting this forum. It is the only forum that I belong to that I keep up with because of the info and usual friendly banter that is present. I belong to other forums that I only go to when I have a reason, this one I try to help others or just to read and learn about the units, lifestyles, etc..
I have no issues with how it is run or lead. I think Jim, all chapter leaders, moderators and all other volunteers (including the membership) handle themselves well here. It was just a suggestion to protect those from false allegations. I hope it was received as such.

jbeletti

... It was just a suggestion to protect those from false allegations. I hope it was received as such.

John - it was received by me as intended by you - a suggestion. Thank you for the kind words about the forum, those who manage it and those who contribute to it. I don't think it's a perfect place, but it can be useful to many and at the same time, fun and friendly. I appreciate your contributions to this and those of thousands of our members.

I am ALWAYS open to suggestions on how the forum is laid out and managed. Many of the changes we've implemented are the result of feedback from our users.