ATF: Landmark - rust question

bob34787

Thanks for all the replies, finally heard from Art at the factory today, pretty much puts the ball in Lipperts court and leads me to believe they , meaning lippert, will do nothing other than offer sympathy as in their opinion rust is normal, I do agree some rust is to be expected but I can peel it off, guess I will be on to RV number 7 soon.

sengli

Living up here in the north country my whole life, you just cant fight the corrosion of things exposed to the winters here.

There are just a few brand named coaches made out there, that dont buy thier frames from lippert. And I am not sure those other brands would neccessarily back the finish on the frames if it were subjected to road salt and grime either. It is a bummer to have to look at the ugly, but I think it should be possible for some place to come out and clean and paint it somewhat reasonably, maybe not?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My 5cts worth, "rust prohibtive" does mean will never rust....just "might slow it down". Yes your dealer should have washed the frame down. Maybe you should direct your anger at them. The frame might look bad....but I doubt you will out live the frame rusting through. No matter what you buy next...make sure it's make in the summer time. BTW, go park a new car by the ocean...get a chair...an adult beverage...sit down and you can watch the car rust.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My 5cts worth, "rust prohibtive" does mean will never rust....just "might slow it down". Yes your dealer should have washed the frame down. Maybe you should direct your anger at them.

Yes the dealers are specifically instructed to power-wash the frame upon delivery. I have seen this in writing somewhere, I can't recall where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk