Dimplex bf8000st Fireplace issues

yepuhuh

Just this week this unit decided to turn itself off. After reading several posts concerning these fireplaces I am at wits end.
Things I have done
1. Removed Fireplace
2. Took air compressor and sprayed all of unit to remove dust.
3. as long as unit lays flat on it's back it runs continuously. Soon as you set it up it throws the heat limit and as to have a master reset.

Next I plan to call Dimplex to order parts.

If the heating element is outside the unit it will run without falling

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I recently started having trouble with our fireplace.
Although I haven't taken it out yet for inspection, I do have one thing in mind to check.
There have been some reports in the past of people finding a broken solder joint.
They seem to run fine when starting cold but when they heat up the solder joint separates causing an open circuit which then shuts the heating element down.
So if you haven't looked closely, you might want to inspect those areas.

Peace
Dave

DRGalligher

I realize that this is a pretty old thread, but hoping he is still checking his comments. I have the same Dimplex Model (BF8000ST) in my rig and would like to open it up to do some service on it, as well as figure out how to stop the rattling when the bass is being pushed through the subwoofer. Can you tell me how you got the trim in the front off without busting it up? Is it nailed, screwed, or some kind of joint that you pry on to get off? Thank you.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I realize that this is a pretty old thread, but hoping he is still checking his comments. I have the same Dimplex Model (BF8000ST) in my rig and would like to open it up to do some service on it, as well as figure out how to stop the rattling when the bass is being pushed through the subwoofer. Can you tell me how you got the trim in the front off without busting it up? Is it nailed, screwed, or some kind of joint that you pry on to get off? Thank you.
Is the fireplace surround the faux stone looking board??That’s what was in our ‘14 Bighorn. It’s relatively robust and won’t break if you’re careful

If so it’s one piece cut to fit the area around the fireplace. It’s attached with numerous thin wire nails maybe a staple or two. A thin flat hooked pry bar is your friend. Work it up under the panel and start prying it off. Reattach however you want

DRGalligher

Yep, thank you I figured it out. Took it off "very carefully", they used quite a few wire nails on it to hold it on. I used some car trim removal tools of varying sizes to get it off.