New member with a question...

• Thread starter pacertrailrunner
  • Start date
P

pacertrailrunner

Hi all,
My wife and I are moving up from a popup to a TT.
Had that for about 10 years, so a TT will be around a long time.
We are thinking of a used 2010 North Country Rear Kitchen.
However the owner is asking dealer list $xxx.
I understand the quality and all, but blue book is around xxxx.

If you were the seller, would you come down to bb value?

It is a very nice unit, but not for xxx.

Thanks for your input!

Happy New Year and Happy camping!

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi pacertrailrunner,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I edited your post to eliminate the pricing. We do not allow discussion of pricing of units on the forum as it seems to always cause a problem.. like "well you can get it cheaper here or I got mine for ??? or your crazy to pay that much". If you want to discuss pricing with a member you may do it by private messages.

Hope you make a good deal that your happy with and become a Heartland Owner.

Jim M

pegmikef

Can't hurt to make an offer maybe somewhere in between the two prices, but closer to the lower one. You might ask the seller if they will be providing dealer services since he/she is asking dealer list. Might also want to point out that the price dealers are asking for used units more often than not is negotiable and just a starting point for negotiation.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner with the rear kitchen, which was the whole reason we chose that trailer.

Our old trailer had the kitchen along the side and just inside the door, which made it hard to navigate inside the trailer when food was being prepared!

And we all know how important it is to not upset the cook! :mad::p

The only issues I see with the rear kitchen is that it puts on lot of weight on the very rear of the trailer (possible sway issues, especially if fresh water tank is full), and kitchen counter space is very limited.

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg

Also, what tow vehicle are you going to use?

Bogie

It might be useful to start at this web site. http://www.rvreviews.net/

They used to have a buying guide which I found helpful by knowing what to expect before going into a negotiation.

....and remember, the worst that can happen is that a dealer says "no" to your offer. There are always other dealers out there.

Good Luck!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
If you would like to visit a few Heartland owners, we are having a Spring rally in Lancaster.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=390778

Stop by and chat. Great group of people. Always learn something new at a rally.

Jamie

branson4020

Icantre Member
Hi all,
My wife and I are moving up from a popup to a TT.
Had that for about 10 years, so a TT will be around a long time.
We are thinking of a used 2010 North Country Rear Kitchen.
However the owner is asking dealer list $xxx.
I understand the quality and all, but blue book is around xxxx.

If you were the seller, would you come down to bb value?

It is a very nice unit, but not for xxx.

Thanks for your input!

Happy New Year and Happy camping!

Come DOWN to retail blue book value? That's a hoot. Retail book is already unrealistically high. Never mind what dealers are asking. Throw away the book, shop around, use common sense, and don't fall in love with the rig.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
An online search for the specific year and model should yield lots of information about asking prices!