ATF: Cyclone - 3 season patio door install

mandn

We just purchased a 3 season patio door, part #0130058 and were wondering is we can get an installation guide, either as a video or a hard copy. We have a 2015 Cyclone 4100b and want to make sure that we received the correct door for our unit also. Where can we get the guide?

mandn

We thought it was also but were told not on our model which is a 4100B. We just got the pull down screen so purchase one. We would just like to know the correct way to install it.

DocFather

Maybe call Heartland with your VIN # and the part # and ask for an installation guide. I could not locate one on the Internet.

mandn

We finally received installation instructions to install the 3 season patio door after many phone calls I called Heartland and spoke to a Mike, I believe he is in service. He didn't have any instructions but was able to try to tell me how to install lit, but referred me to Lippert. I called them and was told they couldn't send them to me because they only distribute to commercial to the public but if Heartland was to request them they would send them there. Back on the phone to Mike at Heartland. I told him what I was told so he emailed them the request then emailed the instructions to me. Mike was extremely helpful.

Snaredrum

Glad they were able to help you. I still confused what a 4100b is? I have a 2015 4100 King and it came with the 3 season doors. My plastic inserts were missing and the dealer said mine didnt come with them and I said thats bull! I walked over to a 4200 and grabbed those. Dealer is ordering new ones for the 4200. LOL

taken

Maybe posting the instructions would be helpful to people who want to do the same in the future...

mandn

I was unable to share the installation instructions because the permissions on the file was locked up tight. The best bet for anyone to get these instructions is to call Mike at Heartland service and ask him to get them for you. Lippert will not send them to anyone except commercial accounts.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 3- seasons wall is an option and not a STD feature. We use a 3 seasons wall on our 4200 and love it.

thanks,

AJ

Hi New member I have a 2015 cyclone 4100 and I've been trying to purchase a 3 season wall for my unit. I have contacted Lippert and asked if I could purchase the 3 season wall they told me that the 3 season patio door is not available as an aftermarket add on. It has to be installed when the coach is originally manufactured. I then contacted Heartland and they tell me that I have to contact Lippert for the 3 season wall so I sent another e-mail to Lippert. Waiting for a reply. My understanding was that the 4100 I ordered came with the 3 season wall if I new the unit didn't come with the 3 season wall I would have ordered it then. I am really interested in getting a 3 season wall for my trailer. If anyone can help me with where I can purchase a 3 season wall the would be great. I even have a couple of dealer in Canada looking for me.

Harvey

Jv75353

We just purchased a 3 season patio door, part #0130058 and were wondering is we can get an installation guide, either as a video or a hard copy. We have a 2015 Cyclone 4100b and want to make sure that we received the correct door for our unit also. Where can we get the guide?

We are thinking of replacing the pull down screen with the 3 season patio door. Where did you purchase the patio door? Is it available from Lippert? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

mandn

We replaced our pull down screen with a 3 season door. Lippert told me that only a dealer can order the door so we contacted the parts manager from our dealer and she contacted and got them for us. It came without instructions so we contacted Mike at Heartland and he ordered them for us and emailed them to me. Permissions on the instructions prevent me from sending them on. Be sure that you get the panels that go with the door. You should get clear, tinted, and blackout panels that velco onto the screens and make sure the panels are the correct length. They make two different lengths.

avvidclif

We replaced our pull down screen with a 3 season door. Lippert told me that only a dealer can order the door so we contacted the parts manager from our dealer and she contacted and got them for us. It came without instructions so we contacted Mike at Heartland and he ordered them for us and emailed them to me. Permissions on the instructions prevent me from sending them on. Be sure that you get the panels that go with the door. You should get clear, tinted, and blackout panels that velco onto the screens and make sure the panels are the correct length. They make two different lengths.

Did your RV come with all 3 panels? We only got the clear, no tinted or blackout??????

I bought a patio door from clera windows https://www.clerawindows.com/https://www.clerawindows.com/ and these were the steps that I followed to install the door:
Firstly fit the patio door in the rough opening then from the inside make the necessary requirements and shim it so that the door frame is plumb and square
Then mark around the perimeter of the door frame brick moulding
Remove the door and then cut along the line using a circular saw just deep enough to cut through the sliding
Cut a piece of drip edge to the width of the rough opening.
Cut 8-10 wide strips of building paper.
Insert the paper between the sliding and the existing building paper on the outside wall
Wrap the edges around into the rough opening and staple the building paper in place against the framing studs
Apply silicone caulk around the edges of the rough opening where the sliding meets the building paper
Install the door in the rough opening
Install shims around the edges and the top of the door frame.
Ensure that the brickmold is flat against the framing lumber from the outside then drive 10d finishing nails through the brickmold and into the framing
From inside of the house drive 10d finishing nails outward through the shims and into the framing
Finally screw the threshold to the floor