2014 gateway 3500RE HELP

LLARA

Can someone please help me identify what this pex pipe is and for? Its a blue pex pipe with a 90 facing up but water is coming out of it know never has before. We are rving where it freezes at night.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello LLARA and welcome to this great forum.
Are you using your fresh water holding tank?
It looks like it could be an overflow vent.
Or if you have the Anderson valve in your UDC and are hooked up to city water be sure it is all the way in the normal position.
Hopefully another Gateway owner will chime in with the correct answer for you.

Peace
Dave

LLARA

Hello LLARA and welcome to this great forum.
Are you using your fresh water holding tank?
It looks like it could be an overflow vent.
Or if you have the Anderson valve in your UDC and are hooked up to city water be sure it is all the way in the normal position.
Hopefully another Gateway owner will chime in with the correct answer for you.

Peace
Dave

Yeah we are connected to city water but we where hooked up too city water about a month ago in San Antiono at the rv park and no water was coming out of it. Thank you I'm glad I found this site!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that it may be the vent/overflow tube for your tank.
Underneath your coach somewhere in the vicinity of your axles you may see another blue PEX tube with a shutoff valve attached to the end. This would be the fresh water tank drain valve.
If it is closed, open it.
There is a chance that the check valve at the water pump is allowing your tank to fill with water and it is now overflowing .

Peace
Dave

AAdams

I had a problem of the water pump allowing water to fill the fresh water tank. Check to see if your fresh water tank is full. If it is drain some of it till it no longer shows full, then see if the leak stops. If the tank refills with out you adding water and the leak restarts then the problem is your pump and you will need to have it replaced.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your water pump should be located behind the basement wall.
If you disconnect from city water, turn the pump on and open a faucet you should be able to hear it run.

Peace
Dave

LLARA

Thanks for all the help got it taken care of. It was the water pump allowing water into my fresh water tank.