Thread: Reputable Dealer Recommendation

1. Print this Post   #1

Reputable Dealer Recommendation

I realize that finding a reputable and honest dealer is difficult. We have been searching for
    our Heartland model and have narrowed it down to a couple, but every dealer that we have
    researched seems to have super crappy reviews for customer service and service after the sale.
    We live in the Houston area, so we don't want to travel way far from here to get any repair
    work done that may eventually come up. We need your help! Who sells the Heartland brand in
    our area and is trustworthy for customer service and service after the sale? We have already
    looked at Ron Hoover RV, Lone Star RV, and Camping World. Have not heard anything good about
    any of them online. We have been looking at reviews of them, etc. Can anyone help??

Mark

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Reputable Dealer Recommendation

Ron Hoover has supported South Texas Chapter Rallies for several years that I know of sending one of his techs to do minor repairs at no charge. Miguel (if I remember his name correctly) quickly diagnosed a tricky problem on my refrigerator and found/fixed it within a few minutes.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • Goodyear G114 17.5" tires
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Sailun Terramax A/T 4S, 235/80R -17. 5 Tires
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    Ron Hoover has supported South Texas Chapter Rallies for several years that I know of sending one of his techs to do minor repairs at no charge. Miguel (if I remember his name correctly) quickly diagnosed a tricky problem on my refrigerator and found/fixed it within a few minutes.
    I have to tell ya....the search for one is mind blowing. So many bad experiences documented and not very many good ones. It's just very difficult to pull the trigger on a dealer because it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get!

4. Print this Post   #4
    South Central Region Director, HOC jayc's Avatar

Dan is exactly right about Ron Hoover. They have done great work for me and I bought my LM from them. Highly recommended!
    Driver-Jay
    Navigator and Director of Operations-Stella
    Cassie-Schnauzer (RIP 5/21/15)
    Tramp-Jack Russell/Chihuahua
    Lady-Chihuahua
    2018 Landmark Oshkosh

Heartland Owner's Club #1017
    Full-time since 11-21-08

The rallies we have attended are now in an album on this forum.

5. Print this Post   #5

I know they aren't local to you but we love the service we get from Jack Sizemore in Amarillo Tx.

6. Print this Post   #6
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TxPatriot View Post
    I realize that finding a reputable and honest dealer is difficult. We have been searching for
    our Heartland model and have narrowed it down to a couple, but every dealer that we have
    researched seems to have super crappy reviews for customer service and service after the sale.
    We live in the Houston area, so we don't want to travel way far from here to get any repair
    work done that may eventually come up. We need your help! Who sells the Heartland brand in
    our area and is trustworthy for customer service and service after the sale? We have already
    looked at Ron Hoover RV, Lone Star RV, and Camping World. Have not heard anything good about
    any of them online. We have been looking at reviews of them, etc. Can anyone help??

Mark
    I would talk to Joe French at Ron Hoover in Houston. I have had work done by them and they have been great. If you want to stay in your RV while it is getting worked on Ron Hoover has a dealership in LaMarque (exit 10 on I-45) that has Oasis RV Park attached to the dealership. They will come to your RV while you stay in it. BTW we bought our Landmark from Ron Hoover in Houston.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by jmgratz View Post
    I would talk to Joe French at Ron Hoover in Houston. I have had work done by them and they have been great. If you want to stay in your RV while it is getting worked on Ron Hoover has a dealership in LaMarque (exit 10 on I-45) that has Oasis RV Park attached to the dealership. They will come to your RV while you stay in it. BTW we bought our Landmark from Ron Hoover in Houston.
    Did just that today. My wife talked to Joe French this morning, and I spoke with him this afternoon. He actually lowered the price of the RV we are looking at, and gave us a better percentage interest rate. I have spoke to him as well as the service manager, and was impressed with both. We are headed over there on Wednesday.

8. Print this Post   #8
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

We had a great buying experience with Explore USA in Mesquite, TX...got a great deal and trade in, and probably the best PDI we've ever experienced anywhere. We've never had to go back as the PDI was so good we've never had any real issues to speak of...nothing we could not fix in a matter of minutes, and most importantly not ONE water leak anywhere.
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

9. Print this Post   #9

Another vote for Ron Hoover. I haven't actually bought anything from them because I live in west Texas, but I have been to several of the rallys they have supported (and won a couple of very nice door prizes from them). I have met Joe French and talked to several very satisfied customers two or three of which have already recommended them in this thread.
    Peg and Mike Finnegan, Faithful Traveling Companion Cameo (RIP), adopted furry friend Molly, San Angelo, TX
    US Army Retired, Vietnam Vet, 2017 F350 King Ranch,
    2018 Landmark Oshkosh.
    Rallies:
    2011: Spring, Canton, TX; 2012: Spring, TX; Thackerville, OK (X2)
    2013; Santo, Montgomery, Canton, Beaumont, TX; Durant, Thackerville, OK
    2014; Carthage, Mo; Amana, IA; Santo, Bullard, Montgomery, TX; Durant, Thackerville, OK
    2015; Goshen, IN; Kinder, New Iberia, LA; Boerne, Kerrville, Sweetheart, Santo, TX; Durant (X2), OK; Carthage, MO
    2016; Sweetheart, Quanah, Weatherford, Canton, Ingram, TX; Henderson, LA; Durant, OK; Mountain View, AR; Branson, Plattes Ville, MO: Las Vegas, NV
    2017; Sweetheart, Alpine, Montgomery, Tyler, TX; Branson, MO; Mountain View, AR; Goshen, IN; Kinder, LA; Vinita, Oklahoma City, OK.

2018; Abilene, Tyler, TX; Branson, MO; Mountain View, AR; Kinder, LA; Eufala, Oklahoma City, OK.

10. Print this Post   #10

If you want to know what the market nationally is for the model you are looking at, look it up on rvtrader or rvt. This may help in your decision / negotiation process.