Bighorn Buyer's Opinions Wanted: Refrigerator Poll (Residential-style or RV-style)

If you're in the market for a Bighorn, would you want a larger RV-style or Residential-style Refrige

• I'd choose the RV-style refer as I want the option to use it on Propane as well as AC power

Votes: 60 58.8%
  • I'd chose the Residential-style refer

Votes: 42 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danemayer

how long does a LP generator have to run to bring up two dead 12 volt batteries?

You'd run any generator for as long as it takes the Power Converter to charge the batteries. Take a look at page 3 of the Progressive Dynamics PD9200 manual. In boost mode, tne battery could take 8 hours to get to a 90% charge. 11 hours to get to 100%.
Not sure how 2 batteries would affect the charge time.

laprez

Trying to order a 3270 - the dealer says they cannot be built with the 12 cuft fridge anymore. We would have voted for the 12cuft option in the poll. Might have to look at SOB....Really don't need a huge 18 or 22....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The standard refrigerator for the BH 3270 is 8 cu ft.
The optional is 22 cu ft.
We would love the 22 cu ft over our 13.5 cu ft.

Peace
Dave

K

karykatz

Just a reminder. Bighorn no longer offers the 8 cu refer. All bighorns are now standard with the 18 cu Norcold RV refer and we offer the 22 cu residential refer as an option. This started at t end of February, 2015. I hope this helps

teasac69

The answer to this is really pretty obvious. If you go off grid you want LP options. If you plug in and you cook real meals you will want the residential. My gourmet cook wife set that as her only must have. Our 3875 is awesome and we love our 22 ft fridge.

Both options should be offered. Based on my (bad) experience with Norcold, I would opt for a residential refrig. Others that I know who have had resideditial refrigerators for several years have told me they would never go back to absorption refrigerators. However, if you have a residential refrig and plan on being off shore power for a significant time, I would think an alternate power source, generator or solar, would be needed. Continually running your batteries down will shorten their life.