2015 Cyclone 4200

OEFVET

Jim,

They are wired to a battery that came with the leds. It is taped to the rear of the plastic panel out of site.

OEFVET

attachment.php

The Modifications continue here with very special rear door graphics (4)

Attachments

• DSC03394.jpg
    DSC03394.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 237

cdensomnia

Can you post some more pictures of the power reel? Also, whats the door to the right of the big door in your picture of it? Switch? In that space I only have one door on mine.

OEFVET

It's a switch for the power reel. Rig is in storage at the moment so no more pictures available.

avvidclif

Not accurate numbers but good for comparison to each other. Last trip when on the interstate I reset the lie-o-meter while running abt 68. Ran for ~20mi and it showed 8.4. Slowed to 63 for 20mi and went up to 8.8. Slowed to 58-60 for 20mi and it went to 9.1. Life in the slow lane for me, I'm not in a hurry anyway. I'll be there when I get there, wherever there is?

3.55 gears in the F350. Tow/Haul mode and no cruise control. Most of the time I tried to keep it from downshifting by letting it slow 4-5 MPH if needed.

jam20ster

8.2 was at 63-65 mph. I noticed that 60mph does a bit better. With these size trailers slower is better, along with planning your route ahead of time for fuel and small town roads.

avvidclif

Get a little close to a tree maybe?? Note leaves on ladder. Love the rear decal. I may try and put the POW/MIA emblem on the back of mine. Depends on the cost.

OEFVET

attachment.php

The Modifications continue here with a ladder mounted flagpole by flagpole buddy (5)

Attachments

• FlagPole Buddie.jpg
    FlagPole Buddie.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 291

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have always wondered if lightening is a worry with a metal flagpole extending so much higher than everything around it. Just a thought. hmmm

Jim-Lynn

8.2 was at 63-65 mph. I noticed that 60mph does a bit better. With these size trailers slower is better, along with planning your route ahead of time for fuel and small town roads.

I am very close to Cliff. Going to Goshen, after crossing border at Detroit, 68mph, for 9.1 then reset and went down to 61mph got 9.9 went down again to 56mpg and could not get to 10mpg. Tried but no go. I agree with Cliff, I am not in a hurry so I can be happy at 60mph, makes a difference on the long runs.

Jim

porthole

Retired
Chris - looks like you will - have been busy - why not start a dedicated thread?

I'm sure others like me will want to follow your changes and ideas.

attachment.php

The Modifications continue here with a ladder mounted flagpole by flagpole buddy (5)

Chris - looks like you will - have been busy - why not start a dedicated thread?

I'm sure others like me will want to follow your changes and ideas.

porthole

Retired
Get a little close to a tree maybe?? Note leaves on ladder. Love the rear decal. I may try and put the POW/MIA emblem on the back of mine. Depends on the cost.

I find it almost impossible to pull a13'+ trailer without getting the occasional leaves caught up top.

I cant even get out of our neighborhood without the FM antenna getting re-positioned.

I have always wondered if lightening is a worry with a metal flagpole extending so much higher than everything around it. Just a thought. hmmm

Jim, you can worry till the end of time, in the end, you will worry a lot for little :rolleyes:

Height is the real concern - that and the bad luck of the draw. I really don't believe that two rigs, side by side, one with a non-metallic pole and one with aluminum, will have any significant difference on who will be the recipient of a million plus volt streak of electricity.

Been to a lot of "structure hit by lightning" calls over the last 30+ years. Brick chimneys get hit as often as antennas do.

I had the same concern with metal poles that is why I went with fiberglass..

Fiberglass pole.

When fiberglass poles get hit, there is usually nothing left.