2015 cyclone 4200

barneyboy

We have a 2015 cyclone 4200 . We have Direct Tv sat system that only shows in bedroom where the receiver is located How do we push the signal to the rest of the TV's in the coach. if we hook up cable or air all tv"s work fine. stumped again...:confused:

danemayer

Hi barneyboy,

Just like in a sticks and bricks home, satellite providers would like you to have a separate receiver for each TV.

If you have a coax output on the back of the satellite receiver, you can send that to the other TVs by hooking into the output of the over-the-air antenna signal booster. Basically, you'd want to pull the booster out of the wall/ceiling, disconnect the output coax line, and use a Diplexer (looks like a splitter, but does the opposite) to feed both the satellite receiver output, and the over-the-air antenna/cable TV output from the booster, into the coax that runs to the rest of the TVs.

Another option is to purchase wireless transmitter/receivers. Hook the wireless transmitter to the output of the satellite receiver and hook the wireless receivers to each TV. Here's a link to one on Amazon. Note that this one is standard definition. More expensive units feed high definition signals.

OEFVET

Hi barneyboy,

Just like in a sticks and bricks home, satellite providers would like you to have a separate receiver for each TV.

If you have a coax output on the back of the satellite receiver, you can send that to the other TVs by hooking into the output of the over-the-air antenna signal booster. Basically, you'd want to pull the booster out of the wall/ceiling, disconnect the output coax line, and use a Diplexer (looks like a splitter, but does the opposite) to feed both the satellite receiver output, and the over-the-air antenna/cable TV output from the booster, into the coax that runs to the rest of the TVs.

Another option is to purchase wireless transmitter/receivers. Hook the wireless transmitter to the output of the satellite receiver and hook the wireless receivers to each TV. Here's a link to one on Amazon. Note that this one is standard definition. More expensive units feed high definition signals.

Dan,

If I go with the splitter option is the coax line throughout the rig RG-6 for satellite. I prefer this over getting wireless transmitters.

OEFVET

So I will need a diplexer with three splits for four tv's. Is that correct? I don't think I need one for the first TV that is already hooked to the receiver.

danemayer

just need a 1x2. 2 inputs. 1 output. everything downstream will get all the outputs. make sure your sat receiver has a coax out. new models may not.

porthole

Retired
Upgrade to the DirecTV Genie DVR system would be a good option.
DVR receiver wherever (mine is in the living room) and genie "clients" at each additional TV location.
You have to use SAT TV and preferably DirecTV splitters (they are cheap)

See the link in my signature for some tips

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Or, depending on where you are in your DTV contract, you could upgrade to the Genie with wireless clients.
No diplexer needed.

Peace
Dave

ndmac

I have found with my 4200 that a Coax Explorer is the best investment I have made. You can identify cable runs and get your connections to diplexer right first time.

Best $20 I have spent on camper!

http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/cable-testers-accessories/coax-explorer-plus-tester

FYI...on my old camper I took the "cable" in that ran to the center connection on the 12v plate and removed it, then drilled new hole in that plate with coax cable extension adapter and ran it through there to my Dish receiver with no problems still having my TV antenna.
Extra Coax_.jpgExtra Coax Rear_.jpgCable Extension Adapter.jpeg

SteveC

I am sure you may have found the bird nest of splitters in the speaker compartment above TV in living room. We also have a 2015 4200 and I installed the Winegard dish on the roof. I had them send out a tech to connect everything, which was free, and after a couple of hours of climbing all over the place looking for the splitters that will NOT work with Directv, the last place we looked was in that compartment. What a mess that was, all coax from antenna and cable and satelite were connected with 4 splitters. After that, it was a short time to get everything connected. We have one genie with two clients and one other dvr in master and have whole home working well.

JJayForbes

Really Big Member
Wow, am I glad I found this thread! I also have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 and have had a real tough time getting my old Wineguard Road Trip DirecTV dish to work with all four TV's. The dealer where I bought the trailer started to install the dish by running a coax cable down a plumbing vent to a hole they cut in the wall next to the living room TV. Crude and ugly! I insisted they call Heartland and find out how it was intended to be wired since the trailer is supposed to be "satellite ready." Heartland told the dealer's technician (I use the term very loosely) where to cut in the roof to attach the dish to the factory installed coax. They reluctantly did this, but there was no signal at any of the TV's. I could see that these guys didn't have a clue, so I decided to wait until I got home to Florida and get DirecTV to sort it out. That didn't work either. The DirecTV tech that showed up at my house said that the Genie system I asked for would not work in an RV and that it wouldn't work with my dish. He said that he couldn't supply receiver boxes for my dish at all and that I should call Wineguard. Wineguard sent me two boxes ($100 each) which my local dealer got to work with two of the TV's by running new coax. I got the other two to work using wireless MYWirelessTV boxes. It is a bit of a kluge, but it does work. I wish I had found this forum before I started trying to make an old dish work with new TV's.

DocFather

Wow, am I glad I found this thread! I also have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 and have had a real tough time getting my old Wineguard Road Trip DirecTV dish to work with all four TV's. The dealer where I bought the trailer started to install the dish by running a coax cable down a plumbing vent to a hole they cut in the wall next to the living room TV. Crude and ugly! I insisted they call Heartland and find out how it was intended to be wired since the trailer is supposed to be "satellite ready." Heartland told the dealer's technician (I use the term very loosely) where to cut in the roof to attach the dish to the factory installed coax. They reluctantly did this, but there was no signal at any of the TV's. I could see that these guys didn't have a clue, so I decided to wait until I got home to Florida and get DirecTV to sort it out. That didn't work either. The DirecTV tech that showed up at my house said that the Genie system I asked for would not work in an RV and that it wouldn't work with my dish. He said that he couldn't supply receiver boxes for my dish at all and that I should call Wineguard. Wineguard sent me two boxes ($100 each) which my local dealer got to work with two of the TV's by running new coax. I got the other two to work using wireless MYWirelessTV boxes. It is a bit of a kluge, but it does work. I wish I had found this forum before I started trying to make an old dish work with new TV's.

The DirecTV Genie system works fine in an RV. I have 4 TV's hooked up and they work the same as they do in my house. I have the Winegard Trav'ler which receives 3 satellites simultaneously and can supply more than 4 TVs with both HD and Standard signals. http://www.winegard.com/travler

JJayForbes

Really Big Member
The DirecTV Genie system works fine in an RV. I have 4 TV's hooked up and they work the same as they do in my house. I have the Winegard Trav'ler which receives 3 satellites simultaneously and can supply more than 4 TVs with both HD and Standard signals. http://www.winegard.com/travler
Thanks, DocFather. yeah, I kinda gathered that from some of the other posts. The only one I didn't really understand was the post about whether or not you need a wireless bridge. I don't have the Genie system at home (which is more of a "blocks and docks" than "bricks and sticks" - the house is on the water in Florida), so I'm not familiar with those components. The home system is the old wired Swim deal. I asked DirecTV if I could get a Genie system, but they said I don't qualify for an "upgrade" until September, 2017 :mad: In the meantime, I'll be shopping for a new dish.

JJayForbes

Really Big Member
I have found with my 4200 that a Coax Explorer is the best investment I have made. You can identify cable runs and get your connections to diplexer right first time.

Best $20 I have spent on camper!

http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/cable-testers-accessories/coax-explorer-plus-tester

FYI...on my old camper I took the "cable" in that ran to the center connection on the 12v plate and removed it, then drilled new hole in that plate with coax cable extension adapter and ran it through there to my Dish receiver with no problems still having my TV antenna.
View attachment 34364View attachment 34365View attachment 34366
Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. Why doesn't my dealer's technician have one?