2015 Goshen Rally - Leisure Time Activities (LTA)

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm looking for people interested in sharing their talents (although you may not think it's a talent) at the Goshen Rally in June. I am seeking attendees for demonstrations, presentations, hands-on how-tos of activities you enjoy doing in your leisure time that you feel others may have an interest in.

Examples include (but are not limited to): Photography, painting, knitting, crochet, woodwork, jewelry making, gaming, metal work, stained glass, culinary, macrame, couponing, collecting, exercise, needlework...etc etc etc.

In the past we have had Heartland members share: loom knitting, jewelry making, the games of Munzee & Geocache, woodworking, Mary Kay, a small sewing project, tips on convection oven use, blogging, a greeting card activity, a morning exercise class and MORE! We've even had a 'show & share' time where Heartlanders have brought in their projects to share with others. It's a wonderful time.

Please consider sharing your leisure time activities with others while attending the rally. C
ontact me, Kelly Barnett, via email at 2psnapod1@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! :eek:

2psnapod1

I have several presenters that have agreed to present again this year but am still looking for people that would like to share their favorite Leisure Time Activities with others. No experience presenting necessary! It's a very laid back and informal setting.

You can either message me here, call me (334-730-5476). email me (2psnapod1@gmail.com) or get a hold of me via Facebook (Kelly Evans Barnett). Can't wait to hear from you!

2psnapod1

I still have a couple of openings for anyone that would like to share their leisure time activities with others at the Goshen Rally. Please let me know if you'd like to help out.

I'm pretty excited as we have some pretty awesome classes this year including a "Line Dancing Intro" class & for those ladies (guys too, I guess!) that would like to feminize their rally shirts a bit we'll be having a 'Pimp Your T' class. We'll also continue to offer the 'Wake Up Workout' class (Monday - Friday).

2psnapod1

I thought I had already posted this but I guess I must have dreamt it!

In 2013 it was mentioned that an evening get together might be fun. A time to gather in the LTA room or rally hall (depending on how many are interested) to work on crafts, get help with a craft or to play games (cards, Mexican Train, whatever)etc. Nothing structured just come as you are and craft, visit, play a game etc. I'd like to know how many would be interested in something like that? Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

In 2013 it was mentioned that an evening get together might be fun. A time to gather in the LTA room or rally hall (depending on how many are interested) to work on crafts, get help with a craft or to play games (cards, Mexican Train, whatever)etc. Nothing structured just come as you are and craft, visit, play a game etc. I'd like to know how many would be interested in something like that? Please comment and let me know your thoughts!

I think this is a great idea. I know last year in Urbana they kept the hall open to 11:00 for people to play games, or whatever they wanted and I meet a number of new people that I probably may not have gotten to know better hanging out plus I was introduced to the Mexican Train game and now I am hooked! Great way for new members to feel welcomed too.

2psnapod1

Haven't worked out any details yet...don't know if it will be for 1 night (or more) or the time frame but if we have enough interest...I say, 'Let's do it!'

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired

That's sounds like an excellent idea Kelly for crafting or games.
Linda

jo9463

I love the idea of having an opportunity to play games in the evening time. It's a great time to meet new people and catch up with people you only see at rallies.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
You will just have to kick her out at closing time though. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

This sounds good to me!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This sounds good to me!

Me too!

One of the LTAs (I forget which rally) was bringing your rig decorating and modification ideas to share. This would not cost a presenter any money or prep, but a great way to swap ideas and "ooh and aaah!" We could also do rig-touring. We have enjoyed doing this at the North Texas Chapter Rallies.

2psnapod1

I have a couple of spots open for anyone that would be interested in putting together a class/presentation of your favorite Leisure Time Activity. Beginning Crochet? Photography? Cake decorating? Woodworking? Rug Hooking? Embroidery? Square Dancing? Basic Knitting? Sushi making? All ideas welcome! Just send me a message with your ideas...I'd love to hear from you!

Kelly Barnett
2psnapod1@gmail.com

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
ah - beginning crochet. I would take that class. Anyone up to teach it?????

jbeletti

Calling LTA Presenters (all attendees actually) that want to vend in the Heartland Marketplace

Hey Goshen Rally attendees,

Do you make something/sell products you want to vend at the rally? Click here to learn more about this opportunity.

Note this is not the Heartlander to Heartlander "For Sale" table to get rid of an item or two you're not using. We'll have that table setup as we've done in the past.

This is an actual vending opportunity where you'll sit at your table and vend your wares.