2015 Goshen Rally - Leisure Time Activities (LTA)

GETnBYE

Byrd, I can relate to not wanting to learn to read patterns, but if you love it, you will want to know down the road, trust me. And it's not hard at all. Youtube videos are great. And just keep a cheat sheet handy until you learn the stitches.(found in must pattern books) or even online I am sure. The hard part is getting comfortable with it and as with anything, just takes time.
Hey - I'm just excited. Always wanted to learn to crochet but never could understand the instruction from a book. I'm a hands-on person.
Come on everyone, let's make this a great class.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Woohoo! Awesomeness! Thank you much Nita...I know Val will be quite appreciative!

VKTalley

Hey - I'm just excited. Always wanted to learn to crochet but never could understand the instruction from a book. I'm a hands-on person.
Come on everyone, let's make this a great class.

HI Byrd, thanks for the excitement! I will be showing you how to read a simple pattern and, like Anita mentioned, there are great online places to get help when you get stuck. I have used some of those resources when I'm learning a new or unfamiliar stitch. Yes, I do have handouts for the class. :)

Anita, I will be very happy to have you help during and after the class! The more hands helping the better.

See everyone who are already in Goshen tomorrow (June 9th) and everyone who will be arriving later. Looking forward to a great rally!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Your wish is my command, Byrd! Val has agreed to teach a Beginning Crochet class...woohoo! Thank you for the suggestion, Byrd and thank you for offering to help us out, Val!

I think this is awesome I always wanted to learn how to Crochet I guess I will find out what supplies I will need before the class i.e. type of yarn, needle etc. Thank you ladies for giving us non crocheters a chance to learn and giving up some of your free time.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
I think this is awesome I always wanted to learn how to Crochet I guess I will find out what supplies I will need before the class i.e. type of yarn, needle etc. Thank you ladies for giving us non crocheters a chance to learn and giving up some of your free time.

If you don't want to worry about finding the supplies Val will have 15 'kits' available for $5.00 and that will include everything you'll need.

yorkiemom

Hi All, just a reminder I will be hosting a Mary Kay pamper session on Thursday at 10am, History Room. I'm thinking about doing Microderm Abrasion on everyone, and there will be other skincare products to try. Please join me. Attendees have a chance to win one of several door prizes and everyone will receive samples and a 10% off coupon.