2015 Goshen Rally - Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Since i'm not a betty homemaker who sews, knits, etc., i'll bring some store bought stuff like diapers and wipes. Hope this helps.

VKTalley

Since i'm not a betty homemaker who sews, knits, etc., i'll bring some store bought stuff like diapers and wipes. Hope this helps.

Byrd, those items will most definitely help! I know from the Baby Blessing in Urbanna, VA, those items are needed along with the blankets, booties and hats. Handmade items along with store bought items are great. I decided to not crochet blankets this year and have been working on hats and booties. I have been scouring Goodwills in the different areas that we travel for nice, gently loved crocheted and knitted blankets.

JJnVA

Hey Byrd....I'm not a Betty Homemaker either when it comes to handcrafting ANYTHING! Diapers and wipes are always needed and it will be wonderful if our HOC can donate a wide variety of essentials for babies in need. I am bringing safety items, like cabinet locks and outlet plugs in addition to baby food. Many thanks in advance for your store bought items that will be appreciated so much.

jbeletti

An invitation to the Heartland Baby Blessings Turn-In and Luncheon was sent out today via email to registered rally attendees (as of 17-Apr).

If you're making/buying/donating items/supplies for this Heartland Gives Back initiative, you're invited to join us at the Turn-In and Luncheon. But we do need a head-count.

Below is a copy of the email that was sent out. And here's a link to the RSVP form. Please follow the link to sign-up to join us at the Turn-In and Luncheon.

Note - the links in the image below are NOT active as this is a picture only.
Use the link above to RSVP for this event.

HBB-2015.jpg

VKTalley

I thought I'd share this idea for our non-crafters. This year I have been visiting the local Goodwill-type stores in the areas where we are visiting. I try to find handmade and/or interesting blankets in good to excellent condition. Today (April 28), I found these 5 blankets at a local Nashville, TN, Goodwill and spent less than $20 for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    801.2 KB · Views: 21