2015 newport light and ceiling upgrades

woodworm

Changed out dinning table ceiling light with tea stained glass fixture and added three more bulb sockets for a total of six. Maintained the 12v dc but used led bulbs as to not go over maximum watt rating.
Added light kit to ceiling fan and finished out ceiling crown molding not done by factory to match.

Attachments

• 20150126_153547.jpg
    20150126_153547.jpg
    576.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 20150126_153316.jpg
    20150126_153316.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 20150126_153330.jpg
    20150126_153330.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 190

Westwind

Great Mod! Where did you get the light fixture from? I really dislike the ceiling fixture we have over the table - it's the ceiling type and the lighting is dull and we would live to replace it so any info you can give me on it would be appreciated.

woodworm

The new ceiling light is from home depot. The "guts" is a marriage of the original and new. I added more bulb sockets and very bright high end warm white led bulbs . This makes the lighting useful when eating and maintains the original 12v system while staying way under maximum watt ratings.

Westwind

A favor - when you get a chance if you could take a picture of how you made the mods to the inside of the fixture, I like your idea since I haven't found any decent looking fixtures online. Another question - where did you get the
sockets to use in the fixture.

I know its kind of late now but is there adequate clearance when both slides come in for ceiling fan light? I know in my current unit it just about hits the fan as it is

woodworm

In my Newport the ceiling fan is centered. I have a center sink island that both slides track up to leaving a centered ceiling opening of about 27". Plenty of room for a 13" dia. tear drop globe hanging down. I hope this answer your question.

woodworm

Well then, If you have no clearance restrictions and your light is a/c powered, you literally have hundreds of options from swag , tiffany, chandelier, spots, globes, etc. Check out dinning room lighting at home depot.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
woodworm - what a great modification but I'm still confused on how you modified a 110 light system to a 12v system. this is the light fixture that in our 2015 Landmark Key Largo. (pic of an inventory unit at RVs For Less). I can't take a picture of our coach because of storage.
showimagerv.ashx

woodworm

FYI --It is a 12v dc light fixture from the factory. The 2015 Newport is. I would think the 2015 Key Largo is too. The pic shown here is what I replaced.

Last edited: