Fresh water leak soaked insulation in belly

TheChews

Hi. We have a 2015 BH and noticed fresh water leaking out the same hole as our fresh water drain(over the drain valve) We drained the tank. I dropped the belly and am currently drying it out. My plan is to refill the fresh water tank and check for leaks. Then run the pump and check again to rule them out. My question is regarding wet insulation. Should i dry it or just replace it? It's only one section under the fresh water tank. Thanks.

Possum51

We had a leak in our basement in our last trailer and we were advised to replace the insulation from the dealer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To prevent this from happening again, after you find the leak, drill 1/4" holes in the low spots of the coroplast so any water will drain out. Water can get in the underbelly from driving in rain also and is not uncommon.

TheChews

Fwater tank and pump are tested and good. Dropped the bottom clear behind the front passenger tire and its saturated with water and road grime. There is a 15" gap between screws there so I'm fairly sure this is where the water entered during one of our rainy drives. The insulation is soaked for the first 10 inches in then dry so it must be from the wheel well. Dont understand why they dont caulk or put in a well to deflect rain away from the belly seams. Oh well gonna replace the wet insulation, screw it back in, and put some silicone caulk around the seams. Thanks for everyone's help.

bigdob24

Wonder if Scrim Tape would seek the joint?
The stuff I have is 4" wide, maybe tape the chloroplast and wrap it up and onto the frame ?
May have to experiment a little

TheChews

I replaced the insulation with R19 and dried the inside out. I cut a foam swimmers noodle in half lengthwise and placed them lengthwise between the plastic and the flexfoil to aid in future airflow and drainage. I also Drilled 1/4 holes in the low sections and screwed it back it. I did expanding foam for the large gaps (the plastic stretched while it was airing out) and then caulked everything else.

Thanks for for everyone's help.