LevelUp Issue on 2015 Heartland Oakmont 345RS

crussian

Hello - my wife and I recently purchased the 2015 Oakmont 345RS. We were having it delivered (while my TV is being outfitted with a 5th wheel hitch) today. The dealer called and said there was a problem with the auto leveling system. During the walk-through, the Tech wanted to demonstrate the auto leveling system but it wouldn't cooperate immediately. Eventually it did after some manual scrolling through the menu. Long story short, the dealer was to deliver today. The dealer told me they've been in contact with Heartland for technical assistance but to no avail. The dealers next step is to replace a "board" in the auto level system.

My wife and I are extremely disappointed at this point. This is not the most expensive unit we could have bought but settled on it over 4 other brands of 5th wheels. I am hoping at the end of today I get a call that all is well and they can deliver Monday.

The reason for this post is to see if any other folks have run in to this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cary & Janet

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the dealer would call Lippert....it might be repaired quicker. The auto leveling is made by Lippert. Control board defective...could be. Welcome to the world of electronics. Hope it gets fixed soon for you.

jbeletti

Hi Cary,

Congrats on your new purchase and sorry to hear it has LevelUp issues. Having the LevelUp system not AutoLevel on day of delivery is a pretty rare thing. LevelUp is a product made by Lippert. At some point, Heartland Dealer Services should hand your Dealer Service person off to Lippert directly. They're the experts on their system.

That said, if the dealer has another unit on the lot with LevelUp, swapping out the brain will help them quickly determine if it's a logic issue with the system. Another idea, though remote, would be to swap out the display unit.

Let us know how you come out on this and hang in there. It's a disappointment to be certain, but this should be quickly surmountable.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Or it could be the dealer is NOT operating the controls the correct way.

Not all dealers know what is going on in all makes of RV's.

Have them call Lippert to get things worked out.

Jim.Allison

This is true, and the system can be cantankerous from time to time which can make you think that it is not functioning correctly.
Or it could be the dealer is NOT operating the controls the correct way.

Not all dealers know what is going on in all makes of RV's.

Have them call Lippert to get things worked out.

marvmarcy

Be happy your dealer is fixing a problem rather than leaving it with you to finally bring it back later. I agree the Level-Up can do wierd thing, but it can be reset and recalibrated easily. It was the focus of my learning when my rig was new, and now I know what to do when it doesn't level properly or acts up. It works correctly 95+% of the time, and when it doesn't I recognize what is wrong. Only a minor inconvenience.

porthole

Retired
Suppose for a minute that the dealer never set the initial level calibration. Then it would only work in the manual mode, as they found by scrolling through the menu.

crussian

Thanks for all your suggestions and replies. I can see our relationship with Heartland Owners is going to be a great one. The dealer called and said there was a faulty wire not properly installed and the system is working 100%. Wonder if they did the calibration ....... never mind. During my conversation with my Tech Rep, he mentioned that they couldn't find the "packet" for the Oakmont. Which means no warranty cards on Ref, Stove, Micro, TVs, Onan 5.5, etc. He said they would order all the material and make sure I got it. My wife and I discussed this and decided that we will not take delivery of the unit until all the packet is assembled and available. Are we out of line or wrong in expecting the packet to be delivered with the unit?

Thanks again.

Cary & Janet

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Cary, thats your option but, have you searched every nook and cranny in the trailer for it ?? A quick call to HL service on Monday might help you find it. If you trust the dealer to order the packet, then let them do it. If not, when you call HL service and I bet they will send it to you. Make sure you have your VIN# handy when you call.

danemayer

The packet is no doubt stuffed in a drawer or cabinet, OR someone at the dealership has removed it for some reason. But even if it can't be found, I wouldn't hold up taking delivery while waiting for it. I'd call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them to ship it to your home.

You don't actually have to send in any warranty cards. Warranty coverage for the appliances and devices covered by manufacturer warranties are based on your VIN # and date of purchase.

If you have to wait for the packet, in the meantime, you can download the trailer manual from the Heartlandrvs.com website. Other manuals can be downloaded from the manuals section of the forum.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to look under the bed as well.
And I wouldn't worry about warranty cards. You do not have to register anything to get warranty repair.
The registration of product is there so if there is a problem or recall you can be contacted.
Get the rig and enjoy it.

Peace
Dave

macjj

I had the Level Up system installed on my 2012 3070RL in 2013 and have loved it. If the normal sequence is interrupted, it is "quirky". Restarting with the rear jacks up, front jacks down, turning the controller on/off usually works. One thing to watch out for is hydraulic leaks. I had one retract line blow while on the road. The retract system has no check valves, therefor nothing retracts, not jacks or slides. Noted lately that ALL my retract lines (black) were wearing. The primary cause I believe was a low quality simplex line used, however the RV dealer who installed bent all lines beyond the recommended radius by Lippert. I have yet to submit my findings to Lippert, but I have received good feedback on their system from multiple owners and hydraulic vendors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk