Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Our New Cyclone 3110 HD and Love it!!!

1. Print this Post   #21

Re: Our New Cyclone 3110 HD and Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    How about some pictures showing the pin you're talking about. Before and after.
    Follow this link and the instructions to adjust the pitch of the awning is on page 4.
    Jeff and Deidra (Dee)
    2015 Ford F350 DRW F/X4 Lariat Ultimate
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 3110

2. Print this Post   #22

Thanks jeffdee, the manual is very helpful. I wish I had it when I was trying to figure this out. I did find it later on this site. Here are the photos requested. Left is pin in low position, next is pointing to area on arm where pin for high-flat out position is located, next is pin location for high-flat out, and last is our rig with the awnings lowered.
    awning pin in low position.jpgawning out pointing to high pin location.jpgpointing to high-flat out position.jpgcyclone with awnings in low position.jpg
    2016 GMC SIERRA Denali CCLB 3500DRW 4X4 Duramax/Allison
    B&W Companion 20K, Turn over ball
    13 pound Yorkie named Harley
    7 pound Yorkie named Sassi
    My bride and me

2014 3100 Cyclone Toyhauler
    2003 GMC SIERRA SLT CC SB 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison-SOLD
    Yamaha G16 custom golf cart
    2012 Forest River Crusader
    2008 Keystone Montana
    2003 Keystone Montana
    1988 Jayco popup

3. Print this Post   #23

Thanks for the great information. I'm thinking of getting a winegard Trav'ler Auto Dish (Dish TV) to mount on the roof. Thinking of installing myself, but curious if anyone has done one on a 3110 and could share any trick, pictures, etc. Also wanting to connect all three TV's with separate receivers, of course and wire the outside jack in case I want to put a receiver outside to watch TV instead of in the hauler area. If anyone has any information I could greatly appreciate it. I thought about the king tailgator, but I would rather have the automatic roof mount, multiple satellites, multiple TV's, etc. Haven't looked for backer plate location on yet, trying to figure out how to run power cable into the area where the DVD player is, but not sure have enough wire to make it. Also, it looks like only one coax is ran to the roof for satellite and I would need at least three based on the winegard installation instruction online. All confusing to me. Blah, Blah, Blah. any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached picture from last trip to north Georgia. IMAG0944.jpg

4. Print this Post   #24

Quote Originally Posted by kdiekemper View Post
    Thanks for the great information. I'm thinking of getting a winegard Trav'ler Auto Dish (Dish TV) to mount on the roof. Thinking of installing myself, but curious if anyone has done one on a 3110 and could share any trick, pictures, etc. Also wanting to connect all three TV's with separate receivers, of course and wire the outside jack in case I want to put a receiver outside to watch TV instead of in the hauler area. If anyone has any information I could greatly appreciate it. I thought about the king tailgator, but I would rather have the automatic roof mount, multiple satellites, multiple TV's, etc. Haven't looked for backer plate location on yet, trying to figure out how to run power cable into the area where the DVD player is, but not sure have enough wire to make it. Also, it looks like only one coax is ran to the roof for satellite and I would need at least three based on the winegard installation instruction online. All confusing to me. Blah, Blah, Blah. any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached picture from last trip to north Georgia. IMAG0944.jpg
    I mounted my winegard pathway behind the second AC unit and ran the 2 cables down through the black tank vent. I also used that vent for the solar panel power cables too. I am camping at Hungry Valley this weekend ill go up the roof tomorrow and take some photos for you.

On the inside, I had to remove the switch panel above the TV in order to fish the cables up to the plate behind the TV. I also replaced the cheapo RCA cables with HDMI from the surround sound unit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    2015 RAM 3500 4x4 LB SRW Laramie, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, Auto level suspension
    2015 Cyclone 3110

5. Print this Post   #25

Quote Originally Posted by bobca1 View Post
    I mounted my winegard pathway behind the second AC unit and ran the 2 cables down through the black tank vent. I also used that vent for the solar panel power cables too. I am camping at Hungry Valley this weekend ill go up the roof tomorrow and take some photos for you.

On the inside, I had to remove the switch panel above the TV in order to fish the cables up to the plate behind the TV. I also replaced the cheapo RCA cables with HDMI from the surround sound unit.

I really appreciate it Bobca1, photo's would be great. Really frustrating that they pre-wire the landmark and Big horn with all the winegard cables, but not the cyclone. You would think the top of the line toy hauler would have this already. I'm also getting ready to swap out the cheap surround sound unit with on that at least plays Blue ray, already had to change out two of the sony speaker. replaced with cheaper better quality and the sound is much better. Amazing these guys are stuck in the past when it comes to electronics and the price we pay for them.

6. Print this Post   #26

Amazing that the #1 selling TH has an El Cheapo sound system. The Sony system in mine is available for $125 with speakers. Sheesh.
    Clif KA5IPF Retired
    Millie W5AUX VFW Auxiliary Past Dept President
    Heartland Member #2831
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ Allison/Duramax DRW 32gal RDS Aux Tank
    2015 Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler w/Sailun shoes, TST 507, Furrion watching the rear
    2005 HD FXDI Super Glide in the Garage
    Tied together with an Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2016 West Texas Inaugural Rally Quanah, Tx
    2019 Louisiana Chapter Rally Natchitoches, LA

7. Print this Post   #27

Quote Originally Posted by avvidclif View Post
    Amazing that the #1 selling TH has an El Cheapo sound system. The Sony system in mine is available for $125 with speakers. Sheesh.
    If Heartland added an option for a sound system that cost $300, the MSRP for the option would probably be nearly $1000. If they made it standard, and added the $1000 to the trailer MSRP, they might end up being #2.

Not everyone wants to pay for a high-end sound system.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

8. Print this Post   #28

Quote Originally Posted by kdiekemper View Post
    I really appreciate it Bobca1, photo's would be great. Really frustrating that they pre-wire the landmark and Big horn with all the winegard cables, but not the cyclone. You would think the top of the line toy hauler would have this already. I'm also getting ready to swap out the cheap surround sound unit with on that at least plays Blue ray, already had to change out two of the sony speaker. replaced with cheaper better quality and the sound is much better. Amazing these guys are stuck in the past when it comes to electronics and the price we pay for them.
    Yeah would have been nice to have the cables pre wired, for both satellite and solar, but my vent modification seems to be ok. Down in the basement I cut the vent installed angled T and put a threaded cap on the open end. Drilled 4 holes just big enough for the cables and siliconed them so I won't have any fumes or leaks if the tank ever overflowed.

No backer board on roof that I am aware off. There are 3 brackets on the dish, and I used 4 screws in each bracket same ones I used for the solar panels, its solid not going anywhere, it the wind is strong enough to blow it off then I will have much bigger problems!

2015 Cyclone 3110

9. Print this Post   #29

Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    If Heartland added an option for a sound system that cost $300, the MSRP for the option would probably be nearly $1000. If they made it standard, and added the $1000 to the trailer MSRP, they might end up being #2.

Not everyone wants to pay for a high-end sound system.
    I agree it's better to provide a cheap one and let owners that want a nice one buy exactly what they want and replace it. That's what I will do too I just hope the speaker wires are run normally and are ok quality. Probably too tight to pull through new ones but if anyone has replaced spkr wires let us know if that's not too hard.

2015 Cyclone 3110

10. Print this Post   #30

The best analogy I can think of is to buy a new Cadillac or Mercedes and find out it comes with an AM radio and no options for an upgrade.
    Clif KA5IPF Retired
    Millie W5AUX VFW Auxiliary Past Dept President
    Heartland Member #2831
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD LTZ Allison/Duramax DRW 32gal RDS Aux Tank
    2015 Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler w/Sailun shoes, TST 507, Furrion watching the rear
    2005 HD FXDI Super Glide in the Garage
    Tied together with an Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection

2016 West Texas Inaugural Rally Quanah, Tx
    2019 Louisiana Chapter Rally Natchitoches, LA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast