Our New Cyclone 3110 HD and Love it!!!

Hello everyone,

We just picked up our new 2015 3110 Cyclone HD on Thursday and camped all weekend. Other than a few minor issues and losing the spare tire while pulling into our storage area the trip was awesome and we love everything about our 3110. Still learning a lot about the unit every day. I had the luxury of meeting a new owner before our purchase and learned a lot from them that allowed me to make the decision. I did upgrade rims and tires from day one with 17.5 with continental J tires. Last thing I wanted to worry about is a blow out on the maiden voyage. other than that everything else is stock and works great. IMAG0736 (2).jpgIMAG0740 (2).jpg

jimtoo

Hi kdiekemper,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can usually find the answer right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced also.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jeffdee

Congrats. We have had ours for 18 months with no issues. I just replaced my tow vehicle with an F350 DRW. It is now a dream to pull. Looking forward to sharing posts with you.

jeffdee

Hello everyone,

We just picked up our new 2015 3110 Cyclone HD on Thursday and camped all weekend. Other than a few minor issues and losing the spare tire while pulling into our storage area the trip was awesome and we love everything about our 3110. Still learning a lot about the unit every day. I had the luxury of meeting a new owner before our purchase and learned a lot from them that allowed me to make the decision. I did upgrade rims and tires from day one with 17.5 with continental J tires. Last thing I wanted to worry about is a blow out on the maiden voyage. other than that everything else is stock and works great. View attachment 34351View attachment 34352

By the way, I see in the picture of the rear patio that you had the awning extended over the patio. In case the dealer didn't show you, there are two aluminum braces stowed in the the head of the awning that attach to the vertical wall either side of the garage opening. There is a special retainer on the wall that holds the end of the square aluminum tubing that comes out of the awning. I figured this out when the wind started buffeting the awning and I figured it needed to be secured better.

I wish I had the six point leveling like you have.

Jeff,

Thanks for info on the awning. I noticed the braces, but didn't pull them out yet. Will next time out. Yes, the 6 point leveling is a dream. I have never setup a camper so quickly on location. Help you enjoy everything a little quicker. Looking at installing a small solar panel for my battery charge while in storage. Any suggestions on feeding the wires from the roof on a 3110. I've looked through the solar section and see very little on the 3110. Thanks for all the feedback. Will keep updated as I make any changes.

jeffdee

I have been toying with the idea of a solar panel also. I don't think I want to permanently attach it to the roof. I've been thinking more along the lines of mounting the panel on a collapsible tripod and plugging into a prewired setup to the battery. This would give me the flexibility of placing the solar panel wherever I want.

Finding a place to stow the solar panel and tripod will be the biggest challenge.

Cjackg

Congratulations! We enjoyed meeting you all in Tampa and are glad to see everythng worked out. Hope to run into you on the road sometime.
Jack & Nancy

Jack and Nancy,

We want to thank you for being so kind, allowing us to look at your 3110. It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to hook up with a current owner and going over your rig with us. Your hospitality was great and definitely will look you up when we get close to TN this summer. We did go with the same tires and rims you did and they are great. I did install Firestone airbags and truck pulls it nicely. Please keep in touch and hope to see both of you soon.
Kurt and Patty

bobca1

Jeff,

Thanks for info on the awning. I noticed the braces, but didn't pull them out yet. Will next time out. Yes, the 6 point leveling is a dream. I have never setup a camper so quickly on location. Help you enjoy everything a little quicker. Looking at installing a small solar panel for my battery charge while in storage. Any suggestions on feeding the wires from the roof on a 3110. I've looked through the solar section and see very little on the 3110. Thanks for all the feedback. Will keep updated as I make any changes.

jeffdee Thank you for the info on the read awning. Dealer did not show me this either. I was wondering what those little clips were for on each side of the garage door!

bobca1

Jeff,

I am picking up my 3110 tomorrow (used it last weekend but it went back to dealer for a couple minor fixes). I had the dealer add a second battery this week too.
I will also be installing solar. I ordered a 300W kit, its sitting in my living room right now and might start on the installation Sunday if I have time and its not raining.
Will post an update once I decide where to route the power cables, hoping I can make use of the sewer vent, if I can get access to it underneath before it drops down into the tank.

Hippy

Great forum. Since Iv'e had my 3110 Cyclone for a little over a year, Iv'e been curious what those little clips where for. We learn something everyday.

Bobca1,
Please post before, during and after picts of the solar installation. What type of panel mounts are you going to use and how you do it, will be of interest to me. Thanks again and good luck. I haven't ordered a system yet, but will probably this summer sometime.

bobca1

Bobca1,
Please post before, during and after picts of the solar installation. What type of panel mounts are you going to use and how you do it, will be of interest to me. Thanks again and good luck. I haven't ordered a system yet, but will probably this summer sometime.

Here's the link.

DDovell

How does it tow with your truck? When i go to look up your Dodge 2010 it looks like 12,600 is your capacity. I am asking as i H ave a 2015 Duramax 2500 LTZ with 17,000 capacity and looking to get a Cyclone 3110. Thanks for any information you have.

David in Vegas.

jimtoo

Hi DDovell,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

Miltp920

Hi, nice rig.
I am not sure why all the new cyclones come with the awnings adjusted so they come out flat. IF you are interested in them coming down on an angle, they are adjustable. I did both of mine with the assistance of one other guy. With the awning fully extended out, you lift up on the pivot arms and pull the pin in the track on the outside wall. Let the are come down to the angle you want the awning. I think I have mine in the lowest setting.

danemayer

Hi, nice rig.
I am not sure why all the new cyclones come with the awnings adjusted so they come out flat. IF you are interested in them coming down on an angle, they are adjustable. I did both of mine with the assistance of one other guy. With the awning fully extended out, you lift up on the pivot arms and pull the pin in the track on the outside wall. Let the are come down to the angle you want the awning. I think I have mine in the lowest setting.

How about some pictures showing the pin you're talking about. Before and after.