365 Landmark Newport

RichnVinny

On the 2015 Landmark Newport 365, the glass shower door track gathers a lot of water and doesn't drain all of it, other than tilting RV with stabilizer how can I get this water to drain...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the same overlapping shower doors in my Bighorn and this has been an issue.

I take my hand-held shower sprayer and rinse the track from the inside towards the back with cold water after showering. You should see water coming from the weep holes in the track.
My logic with using cold water is that I think it retards mold and mildew better than warm water.

Periodically DW cleans the track with a sponge and mild solution, by moving the doors back and forth. I have been tempted to drill a few more weep holes in the track, but have not done it yet. Trace

RichnVinny

Thanks Trace, we've only been in ours 3 days and it's already bothering me, I was thinking of buying a small wet vac...

We are having this same problem in our 2015 Landmark 365 Newport. Seems like it is a poor design. We were thinking of drilling more weeping holes in the tracks. I see someone mentioned trying it - I'm wondering if anyone has. I'd love to hear whether or not it was successful. Thanks!

Kenneths

Has anyone found a resolution to this? The outer door on mine shattered the very first time I took the unit out so I had to go and buy a shower curtain to be able to take a shower and have been using it that way since. The new glass is supposed to be in this week and I will be bringing it in to have installed. I would like to address this issue while it is in the shop.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
On the 2015 Landmark Newport 365, the glass shower door track gathers a lot of water and doesn't drain all of it, other than tilting RV with stabilizer how can I get this water to drain...

We have the same issue in our Ashland. Also the opening for the shower door is not square so we have gaps when the doors are closed. Our procedure now is to have a towel on the floor to catch all the water that gets by the door and also use the same towel to dry out the tracks when done. It is a hassle but better that then water damage. One day I will have to replace the shower door with something that does not leak or collect water.

swburbguy

I guess one would think they would start out slow with the new models getting the fit right before ramping up production, after all its a big buck model.

Still hoping someone will post a brilliant suggestion! The hubby says next time we are home he will take a diamond file and file the current weeping holes so they go all the way to the bottom. Hoping that will help. It is a really icky problem.

danemayer

I think Heartland uses showers that come from Shower Enclosures of America. Anyone call them yet? 800.536.7324

Maybe they can shed some light.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I was looking in a 2016 LM365 Ashland yesterday and the lower shower track has multiple long drain holes across the entire length of it. I haven't looked at mine yet but I don't think mine has them.

Toccoatravelers

I have a Landmark Key Largo, same story with shower door track. My approach was to take a thin foam craft paint brush and run it through the track to collect water. Not the best solution but it works. No mildew. I did hear of someone drilling the wholes a bit bigger and they said it worked.

TxCowboy

We noticed this design issue on many of the LM series as we have a similar problem with our older Greystone. The area at the bottom of the shower door / frame doesn't drain properly and collects water and gunk.

Going to follow this thread in hopes of a resolution that we can apply to our current rig.

Buster537

We had a Big Country that the bottom track was reversed, the drain holes were out - had to be reversed. might take a look at that.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

For those of you with the draining problem still you can find the fix to the problem on my thread "Project LM 365"
I will try to find the post and add it to this post.
Found it
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=446562

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited: